X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Straw

OK, the title is a little misleading

It is Saturday afternoon, and it is quite busy. There is just me and one co-worker serving on the bar. I was serving a very snobby, irritating lady a double vodka and lemonade.

Me: There you go, that will be £x.xx please.
    SC: *basically throws the money at me* And a short straw please.
    Me: All our straws are just in that holder there.
    SC: Yes, but I can't possibly use one of those straws! They are too big! Get me a short straw!
    Me: Those are all the straws we have. Sorry.
    SC: Well...cut one in half for me!
    Me: I don't have any scissors behind the bar. They were in the office, and I wasn't running to get them for this bitch
    SC: Use a knife!
    Me: I don't have a knife.
    SC: Liar! Then explain to me how you cut the fruit you put in your drinks!
    Me: They are cut in the kitchen...where the knives and choppiing boards live.
    SC: Then I guess you are just going to have to walk to the kitchen and cut a straw in half for me!
    Me: No! In case you haven't noticed, you are not the only customer at this bar, I have people who have been waiting because of you.
    SC: Well I never! Am I being unreasonable here? What is so unreasonable about wanting a straw so I can enjoy my drink?!?
    Me: I'll bite it in half for you if you want.
    SC: What?!?
    Me: If you want a short straw so bad, cut it in half yourself. I don't care how.
    SC: *turns to walk away* You need to calm down!
    Me: And you need to grow up!
    SC:

It's getting ridiculous at work now. I am dealing with ALL the complaints, mainly because my co-workers know I am leaving and am therefore "untouchable" and can say what I want.

Gotta admit, it feels good though

Metallica lyric time!!

"...the shortest straw has been pulled for you!"

:kick ass guitars and drums:

Sorry.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Don't be, Becks. I was just thinking the same thing (and actually listening to it right now, which makes it funnier)

Comment

If I were you I would be insisting on handling all the problem customers.
        If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

I like it a lot
          Part Angel Part Sadist

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
            OK, the title is a little misleading

SC: *turns to walk away* You need to calm down!
            Me: And you need to grow up!
            OH how i wish one of my co-irkers would say something like that to me just so i could respond that way! be farking hilarious!
            "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
            ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

As the woman ranted on and demanded you magically part the straw, I thought "Maybe she should chew it in half"

And lo, you delivered with a similar comment.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

SC: Use a knife!
                "I'm sorry ma'am, in the interest of customer safety, the Pub doesn't allow me to have a knife."

SC: Well I never! Am I being unreasonable here?
                "Yes, yes you are..."

(BTW, CRML, I'm just lovin' these stories of how snarky you can finally be! )

Mike
                Meow.........

Comment

I gotta say, this snarky side of you really makes me proud!
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                    I gotta say, this snarky side of you really makes me proud!
                    I'm sure there will be a lot more to come. I've got 2 weeks left until I leave, and believe me, I intend to use them wisely!

Comment

I'm sure there will be a lot more to come. I've got 2 weeks left until I leave, and believe me, I intend to use them wisely!
                      CRML, I love when you give SC's a proverbial bitch slap!
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

makes me wish I could take a two week vacation to fly over to the UK just to sit in your bar and watch the pwnage of the SCs
                        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

this is so cool CRML - it has to be an awesomely liberating feeling to be able to give these idiots the proverbial bitch slap they so richly deserve

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
                            Don't be, Becks. I was just thinking the same thing (and actually listening to it right now, which makes it funnier)
                            That is too snazzy for words!!!
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

It's getting ridiculous at work now. I am dealing with ALL the complaints, mainly because my co-workers know I am leaving and am therefore "untouchable" and can say what I want.
                              So the question begs: If your boss approached you and asked you to stay on working, and gave you a signed agreement that you could be as snarky as you like, would you stay?
                              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                              X