This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I got exactly what I want and I am not happy!!"

One of the cooks noticed that we had a massive batch of steaks that were going out of date on the same day. There were about 50 of them, and we usually only sell about five steaks a day. Whoever ordered them is going to get a bitch slap from the boss.

So, we decided to put on a special. The steak, cooking to your liking, served with fries, and we were selling them for MORE than half the price they usually would be. The only difference was that they only got fries and nothing else. We usually give them steak sauce, peas, mushrooms ect ect, but seeing as they were getting it with about 60% off, they weren't getting any of these.

This could not be more clearly on the sign. but of course, SC's can't read. They can only see the words "60% OFF!!"

I take Grumpy Old Bitch's food out. She has ordered two of the steaks.

Me: There you go guys, enjoy your meals.
    GOB: *AHEM!* I believe you have forgotten something!
    Me: Two steaks, cooked medium with fries?
    GOB: Peas? Tomato? Mushroom? Sauce? In case you haven't noticed, these are not on our plates!
    Me: Can I just check your receipts? Did you order the special or the steak off the main menu?
    GOB: I ordered steak! Obviously!
    Me: OK, I will just go have a word with whoever put your food through.

I ask co-worker if she asked for the special or if he just assumed she wanted it. He said she read the sign (that stated it did not come with the extras) and said she wanted that. My boss was stood next to us.

Boss: Just give her the extras. I can't be bothered with an arguement at the moment.

Boss was having a VERY bad day, so I didn't hold it against her. I walked over to the SC.

Me: I have just told the kitchen to prepare the extras.
    GOB: Finally!
    Me: But the sign did state that the extras were not included. But we'll do them at no extra charge.

I was being way too nice to this bitch. She did nothing but glare at me until the extras were prepared (it took less than 2 minutes) But, I was being nice so I didn't cause a scene for my boss. I took her precious extras out to her.

Me: There you go guys.
    GOB: Finally! I thought you had forgotten about us! Just give us the extras!

I clattered them down onto the table, and turned to walk away.

GOB: And I didn't hear an apology!
    Me: And I didn't hear a thank you.

I didn't look back, so I didn't see her reaction, but I sent co-worker to clear her table. Co-worker said she just grunted when she asked if everything was OK with their meals.

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
    Perfect response!

Comment

Hee hee hee! Oh, the joys of leaving a job, and being able to tell the SCs your exact thoughts! It IS fun, isn't it?
      "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
      ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Quoth Tito View Post
        Hee hee hee! Oh, the joys of leaving a job, and being able to tell the SCs your exact thoughts! It IS fun, isn't it?
        I've had multiple supervisors tell me they are going to remove my access before my last day so that I can't.

Comment

Ah, such mellifluous music to my ears!
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Well played, sir.

Comment

Quoth Tito View Post
              I've heard a nasty rumour that my last shift is going to be with my boss and another manager so they can keep an eye on me. Noooooooooooooooooo!

Well, saying that, they would be nuts to let me close the pub on my last shift. I would never do anything, but I know I would never trust anyone on their own in a pub on their last shift!

Comment

This reply was pure gold!
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Ungrateful yuppie larva. I'd be more than happy with a 60%-off steak (I have a hopeless addiction to good fries).

I wasn't even allowed to get my personal gaming stuff out of the office when I was fired Someone put it out for sale...a gaming buddy who recognized a lot of my minis on the shelf (he knew I would never sell my primary warbands) actually bought what he could and got the majority back to me.
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                    I wasn't even allowed to get my personal gaming stuff out of the office when I was fired Someone put it out for sale.
                    Wait.. if that was your personal property, doesn't that qualify as THEFT on their part!?

CRML: ditto, likewise, What They All Said. Kickass
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

CRML, I think I love you.

as for weird stuff on the last day of the job, one of my former coworkers (who is now dating our assistant manager) considered streaking through the store. Flesh-coloured underwear and all.
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                        Wait.. if that was your personal property, doesn't that qualify as THEFT on their part!?
                        Yeah, it would. And I'd be filling out a police report on that shit. Minis ain't cheap.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                          The only "proof" we had was that my miniatures had a (not completely obvious) mark and that he found them there after I'd been out of there for a few days and realized that they were still in the store. Neither of us thought to confront anyone there at the time...at least I got the valuable ones back.

That owner did a few things that could be considered squirrelly even when I was working there.
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                          X