This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tea Parties and BTS

Today there was some sort of Tea Party thing going on in the parking lot of the mall. Anyhow, got a few people in wearing their anti-whatever shirts and bitching loudly about their anti-whatever views. Very annoying.

-

Apparently the high schools now have back to school dances or maybe it's Homecoming. Anyhow, there was a gaggle of girls in the store tearing up the prom dress racks.

I ended up locking both large stalls in the fitting rooms because they would go in there, try dresses on, and then leave them on the floor or hanging from the door. They'd use the large bench in there to stand on so they could take pictures of themselves.

-

One girl had feet that smelled like death. One customer came out and said that it smelled like someone threw up in the fitting rooms. My CW goes and calls LP to clean the mess up and I go in and it DOES smell like throw up. I search every stall and carefully clean up a pile of clothing in one of them, but find no throw up. We were talking about the smell and the girl's mother says, "Oh, that's her feet."

We try to make amends and say feet can't SMELL that bad. But later on, the girl went into the other fitting room across the store, took her shoes off, and the same smell wafted through that section.

--

Woman comes up to the registers five minutes past close. She says she didn't realize what time it was. She wants us to hold the stuff until tomorrow at 5 pm and we told her, "No, we can't, sorry."

Her response? "You mean I have to BUY all of this?"

Eh? Wha...?

--

There's a lady that comes in regularly to try and buy these 33 husky sized pants with elastic waist for her son. We no longer carry the color or really, the style that she originally bought. She wants to do a warranty exchange on them. We always offer something very similiar, but she doesn't want that. I offered her the same color, same size pants, but it doesn't have elastic waist. "My son doesn't like those!" she says.

After about five trips into the store and numerous telephone calls, I've told her that we are never going to carry those pants again. But she keeps calling/coming in and trying to find them and gets dismayed when she sees me coming up to help (after she gets cashier to page for help) or I'm the one that answers the phone.

--

There's a couple registering for their wedding. It is in ONE YEAR. I saw them scanning clearance and seasonal items into their registry. I thought customers couldn't add those, but apparently they can. I tell them, "You shouldn't add those; they won't be in the store in six months."

Couple could not understand WHY. You don't put home fashions or clothing on your registry if it's an entire year away. It's not going to be there when your guests go to buy stuff for you. Hardlines is fine...those don't change as often and as rapidly as fashions department.

--

I rang register a few months ago. Customer comes up and presents the company's associate discount card. Cool, only I don't recognize the customer so I ask for ID. She starts to loudly complain and says she doesn't have to show her ID for discount. I told her..."yes, if you work for us, you know that you do. If you are a dependent, then your spouse should have told you." She keeps complaining and I told her I cannot complete the transaction because she didn't have her ID.

She wants her discount card back and says she'll leave. I told her..."No, I can't give it back until you show me ID."

She gets really mad then and tells me to give back what I stole. I said, "ma'am, this discount card belongs to <company>. It is a privilege to use it. Please show me your ID."

She finally does show me her ID. It matches, so I happily complete the transaction.

--

That's all.

It is probably Homecoming. We always shopped for Homecoming dresses early, because the dresses are usually discounted.

But, ugh. I hate feet enough, that mentally image... BLEH. Who the hell lets themselves or their child get that way?
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
      It is probably Homecoming. We always shopped for Homecoming dresses early, because the dresses are usually discounted.

But, ugh. I hate feet enough, that mentally image... BLEH. Who the hell lets themselves or their child get that way?
      Its possible that its a medical condition. I knew someone once whose feet actually started rotting.
      Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Quoth Rine View Post
        She finally does show me her ID. It matches, so I happily complete the transaction.
        People like this confuse the heck outta me. I mean, what's so bad about showing someone your ID??????
        SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
        SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

I know, technical.angel. See, I might have relented easily if it was for a credit card or something, but it was the company's discount card! We are well trained to ask for ID if we don't recognize the associate trying to use it. And I had the right and obligation to hold the discount card until she showed me her ID. I just didn't understand her.

Comment

Maybe she had a beef because said ID showed off her age?
            Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth technical.angel View Post
              People like this confuse the heck outta me. I mean, what's so bad about showing someone your ID??????
              Because they might STEAL your IDENTITY of course!

It's all the rage these days, I'm told. Steal someone's ID and cash it in for spare change across the state line.
              I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

OK, I rarely get asked for ID with my employee discount card** but I am always prepared to pull it out. At the one store that always asks, I just get out my license (or my badge from work if I happen to still have it still hanging off my pocket) with my card. At the others I'll wait because they don't always ask so I don't bother.

**only one store that I go to with any frequency is consistent about asking; at Store2 I still know enough people that even those I never worked with tend to recognize me, and Store1 they just don't generally bother, I guess, which strikes me as odd because they have to have a head cashier or MOD ring up employee transactions.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                  Maybe she had a beef because said ID showed off her age?
                  I wasn't even going to look at her age! She was from out of state anyway so I would never see her again if I...*gasp* realized she was 46! My company's store is the only one in the entire area so if I don't recognize people, I ask for ID. It's company policy. It just baffles me that a co-worker, though she works at a different store, would have this reaction.

Comment

Quoth Rine View Post
                    Today there was some sort of Tea Party thing going on in the parking lot of the mall. Anyhow, got a few people in wearing their anti-whatever shirts and bitching loudly about their anti-whatever views.
                    The socialization of health care.../ Obama addressing the students in school... seem to be the major hot button topics in my area.
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                      The socialization of health care.../ Obama addressing the students in school... seem to be the major hot button topics in my area.
                      I haven't seen many school protests in my area. Just Obama's Health care and the huge spending in general.

Comment

Well, yeah, juwl...but I was kinda keeping it intentionally vague. There were only thirty or forty people and it was raining, so I was like, "haha!" But then a few of them came indoors and forgot to leave the protest at the door. XD

Comment

Quoth Rine View Post
                          Well, yeah, juwl...but I was kinda keeping it intentionally vague.
                          And for that I thank you, for it's clearly a Fratching topic if ever there was, and for safety's sake, I ask people stop discussing the topic of the tea party.
                          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Well, I'm sorry I put it into my post. My issue wasn't with the politics of it...more like it was incredibly annoying when they came into the store being very loud and obnoxious.

Comment

Quoth Rine View Post
                              Well, I'm sorry I put it into my post.
                              Hey, don't be sorry, you said it was annoying that it spilled in to your work, so it's a legitimate vent. It's people talking about what it's about that we're out to discourage
                              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                              X