X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't make this stuff up.

I work as a Night Auditor at a resort.

Tonight I had the rare please of watching a guest getting hauled off for a brief stay someplace else. Her roommate had her baker-acted, and the poor Deputies were struggling to get her to calm down. When she asked "Can we stop at McDonalds?"

Yeah, I don't think she's getting released any time soon.

This weekend we got one of the strangest calls. A woman called me resort asking for someone that speaks Spanish. So I called Ms I, one of the Audit staff that can speak Spanish over to talk to her. This is how she said the conversation went.
    MsI (In Spanish)-Thank you for calling (resort name omitted), how can I help you?
    Caller- (In English)- I need to speak to someone that speaks Spanish.
    Ms I- I am talking to you in Spanish.

We got a good laugh from that call.

Quoth Chaotic_Blues View Post
    Her roommate had her baker-acted, and the poor Deputies were struggling to get her to calm down.
    "baker-acted"? That's a term I've never heard before... but, then again I've never worked in the hotel business... What's it mean?

-Wembley
    Originally Posted by edible_hat
    (also, wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?)

Comment

Quoth Wembley View Post
      "baker-acted"? That's a term I've never heard before... but, then again I've never worked in the hotel business... What's it mean?

-Wembley
      It is the name of the law that spells out the procedure for involuntary commitment in FL.

SirWired

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
        It is the name of the law that spells out the procedure for involuntary commitment in FL.

SirWired
        In New Jersey it's called employment.
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post

Dammit Sheldon, now everything in my computer's vicinity will smell of Monster Import.

plus I think that's everywhere, not just New Jersey.

Comment

Thanks to Van Halen, a lot of people know the law in California is "5150."
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

That McDonalds question reminded me of a story. I wasn't along for the ride but I heard about it from a coworker. At the group home I work at a girl got kicked out for being too violent. When they were driving her to the higher security placement she asked where they were going to stop to eat. Supposedly one of the workers said "We're (indicating him and the driver) are going to Big Boy. You can have some of the peanuts in the car I guess"

Comment

Here and I thought it was school. (hellementary, muddle or ay-yi-yi)
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Chaotic_Blues View Post
                  I work as a Night Auditor at a resort.
                  YAY
                  More night auditors... we seem to be multiplying

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  Here and I thought it was school. (hellementary, muddle or ay-yi-yi)
                  you forgot to mention the purgatory of SLCC... you may start there, but you will NEVER finish there
                  If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Wembley View Post

-Wembley
                    Baker act is a law where they have you involuntarily examined for mental issues if you're a hazard to others and/or yourself for up to 72 hours in Florida.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Dammit Sheldon . . . I almost dropped my cigarette on the keyboard.

Actually, we have the same thing here in NC. And sometimes we don't have a say-so in when we get moved to another nuthouse (er, store.)
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                      X