X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• late check out

Guest: Dave, I need a late check out tommorow

Me: ok lemme check and see if we can do that....ok yes ma'am, we can give you until noon

Guest: well I need until 3 PM

Me: I can check to see if they would allow that....no ma'am, noon is the latest

Guest: thats not sufficient, Dave

Me: thats as late as they will go unless you pay for an extra day

Guest: no I am not paying for an extra day......you know what, I will write the CEO of this company because thats just not right, your competitior let me check out as late as I want and I just feel like as the customer, if I request a late check out., I should have one and I shouldnt be made to pay for an extra day. I mean that is very harsh and not customer friendly at all. (talking to someone else) He said we can only have until noon.

Other guest: what, no, you give me that phone right now.....hello?

Me: yes sir

Guest: by the time we get up, have breakfast, say our goodbyes and get packed, it will be 3 PM....I am not rushing out the door at noon to appease you

Me: well actually the checkout time is 10 am

Guest: well actually, I dont give a shit.....when we rented with your competitor, we got a 3 PM checkout so I cant understand why you wont work with us here

Me: sir we gave you two extra hours

Guest: well Dave, noon is just not good enough...you know what, I can tell I wont get anywhere with you, where is your manager?

Me: one moment

He got the voicemail and called back\

Guest: Dave, I dont want to talk to a fuckin machine. I want this resolved right now

Me: the manager may have stepped away from her desk but you can leave her a message

Guest: did you hear what I said? I dont want a voicemail....I want her on this phone now

Me: well she isnt there

Guest: so go find her....this is an emergency

Me: no sir it isnt

Guest: dont tell me this is not an emergency....I am the customer, I'll tell you....you are making me very angry, Dave

but wait, it doesnt end there. The manager approved the 3 PM check out and told me to call this man

Me: hi sir, the manager approved a 3 PM checkout

Guest: now was that so fucking hard?

Me: I had to have a manager approve it

Guest: Dave, I am very angry at you that you put me through all this grief for nothing, you oughta be ashamed of yourself. I demand an apology

Me: I am sorry, sir

Guest: what are you sorry for?

Me: sir, you know

Guest: I wanna hear you say it

Me: no sir, I already apologized

Guest: fine, I am telling your manager you refused to apologize....goodbye

Your manager is a spineless twit.

But I suspect you knew that.
    Last edited by OfficeSlug; 09-16-2009, 10:32 PM. Reason: spelling
    Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Not only did the manager authorise the late check out, but he had you call the SC.
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

please post something about one of the people that were really helpful and nice and made no problem whatsoever... or hell, just wasn't a person that tried to make you feel like scum just because you were doing oyur job. Your customers are making me lose faith in humanity... so ocme on, just give me something here.

Comment

Quoth finlayfox View Post
          please post something about one of the people that were really helpful and nice and made no problem whatsoever... or hell, just wasn't a person that tried to make you feel like scum just because you were doing oyur job. Your customers are making me lose faith in humanity... so ocme on, just give me something here.
          Or, in lieu of that kind of story, I'd settle for one where the guest died in a fire at the resort.
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
            Not only did the manager authorise the late check out, but he had you call the SC.
            That was not right! Why the hell couldn't the manager have called themselves? What a spineless worm!
            "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
            ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Quoth Tito View Post
              That was not right! Why the hell couldn't the manager have called themselves? What a spineless worm!
              There is a disturbing tendency for managers of the spineless variety to not only break policy after their employees have upheld it, but to do it in such a way as to demean the employee and make it seem they were wrong for not breaking policy themselves... even if they would have been severely disciplined for doing just that.

And what's weirder... I don't even think it's an intentional, conscious thing. It's just sort of... automatic suck.
              Check out my webcomic!

Comment

You should have said "I'm sorry that I was unable to risk my job in this economy to break the rules on your behalf. I'm sorry I had to wait for the manager to approve your extremely late check-out"

Throw their favorite catch phrase back at them.

Comment

Am I the only one who sees something off in the fact that getting up, breakfasted, packed and saying goodbye (to who? it's a rental! not like its family) takes till 3 pm? Basing this on a average wake up time of 7am, why does this take them 8 hours? Unless they sleep till noon.....

When I was on holiday in Europe a few years ago, I managed to get up, showered, fed, dressed, packed and on a bus to my next destination in 23mins. And this was after drinking and partying the night before and having about 2hours sleep. (God those were fun days)

AND he wanted an apology!!!! I'd have said: "Yes sir, I'm sorry your a complete and utter douchbag"

VRS - Sorry you boss caved and made you call them *hugs* you need a new job
                  "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
                  "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
                  "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
                    Guest: what are you sorry for?
                    "Sorry I had to put up with your abuse and ridiculous requests. Sir."
                    Quoth Tito View Post
                    Agreed. It was her decision, let her take the consequences. I strongly doubt Dave is paid enough to take that kind of abuse (hell, Bill Gates isn't paid enough to take that kind of abuse!!!)

Spineless Manager and Sucky Couple will get what is coming to them. Unfortunately, not soon enough.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

VRS, your manager has a serious spinal deficiency.
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I hate your manager, VRS, and I don't even know him.
                        This story made my blood boil, and it doesn't even involve me.
                        I must know your secret of how you contain your rage...
                        http://prosenylund.wordpress.com/

Comment

What would have happened if the person who reserved the property after SC had gotten there early enough to check in? Shit, meet Fan.
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Oh HELL No!

If the MANAGER agreed to SC's demands than SHE should have damned well been the one to call them back.
                            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

If I'm on vacation, the last thing I want to do is sleep in until noon....

but that's me...

Comment

Working...
                              X