This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll pay where I WANT to pay.

Time to hear the ol' "You can't fool me!" massacre once again.

Oh well.

It keeps happening. After I make people their keys and wish them a lovely <day of the week> as I am wont to do, they have about a 1/3 tendency to ask me "Do I pay here?"

Thing is, the desk is flat with very little on it except for a display of novelty fold-out rulers or something like that, and the pack of baggies we use to bag the keys. Where is the Register? With what device would our financial transaction be taking place? Would I have hidden it under the desk? Is it in my pocket? Perhaps I have it hidden in my ear? Up my nose? We can keep guessing all day, lady, but you seem to think that I have a register around here and that it is appropriate to pay at a location where you do not see a register to receive your money.

I have no register. Please go to the front and pay them, not I.

But then. Then. Of course, there has to be that one woman who somehow doesn't believe us. Yes, we have a register, but we're hiding it from you. We're lying to you for some reason. We actually do want your money right here and right now, but we want to make it hard for both of us.

I mean you can't enter the store without passing registers. If you walk in through the entrance, they're on your left. If you walk in through the exit, as people do despite the exit signs, (Of course.) they're ALL AROUND YOU.

I mean, yes, I can understand if you are over-inundated with signs and tend to ignore them the more they go up in your face, ... but use your common sense! Think back! Think back to the past when you entered and saw registers!

So, yeah. They say that Goldfish have a very poor memory. Perhaps customers are goldfish. I will have to test this sometime.
    SC: "Are you new or something?"
    Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Quoth ShadowTiger View Post
    So, yeah. They say that Goldfish have a very poor memory. Perhaps customers are goldfish. I will have to test this sometime.
    Please don't insult Goldfish.

A sack of hammers, yeah, I can see that. But at least you can train Goldfish with food. A SC? Doubt it, unless you use the sack of hammer <ahem> creatively.

B
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
    I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

I dunno, sacks of hammers tend to be useful. Just sayin'.
      It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Large flakes of rust tend not to have good memory,or any memory at all. They also tend to give you tetanus if you rub them into open wounds.
        *jedi hand wave* This game works...just not in your system.

Comment

Quoth LadyAndreca View Post
          I dunno, sacks of hammers tend to be useful. Just sayin'.
          Oh they sure can. *sings Maxwell Edison*
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Bandit View Post
            Please don't insult Goldfish.
            Absolutely! Goldfish actually can remember things. Mythbusters proved it, so it's true...

Comment

I know how that is. Most people are understanding when I tell them that the computer is just a terminal and no till (understandable mistake) and some people get upset when I make them either pay for the expensive items in the location or tell them I will take it up to front for them.

Comment

Quoth ShadowTiger View Post
                Everyone knows that customers aren't goldfish, they're starfish!

(Term originated from Tech Support Comedy)

Explanation: A starfish has no actual brain, just a central nervous system. Also, it only has one orifice used both for eating and 'relieving' itself; thus, when a starfish opens his mouth, chances are crap is coming out.

Comment

Working...
                X