Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't believe I had to tell him not to do that!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe I had to tell him not to do that!

Here's a good one. This happened back in 2001, when I was an assistant manager at a McDonald's. This particular McD's was near an apartment complex for senior citizens, and, BOY let me tell you! This complex had to have a stipulation in the lease that said you had to be a raving lunatic to live there, because everyone who came to us from said complex was gone, just... gone.

I was running shift one early afternoon, and all was well, until this woman drove up to the drive through window to complain. She said she was just in the lobby, and she had to grab her kids and leave because...

Brace yourselves...

Because there was an old man at one of the corner table MASTURBATING himself under the table.

I didn't want to believe it. I mean, sure, the old folks that came in were crazy, but COME ON! So, I went out and did a lobby check,. and, sure enough, there was Old Guy, doing a 'puppet show' under the table. This was NOT part of McDonald's management training! I had no idea what to say. It was so obvious to me that you should not whack off under a table at McDonald's, I had no idea what to say to someone to make them stop. I walked over to him and hemmed and hawed, and told him he couldn't do that here, and he had to leave. And he said 'Ok' like it was no big deal!

And the kicker? When I asked about getting him permabanned, I was told 'no' by the area manager!

Gives a whole new meaning to getting a "shake" at Mickey D's...lol.

Comment

I think I'm almost more shocked by the management's response than the old man's display (senility or other problems might explain it).

It is unacceptable behavior though, hello indecent exposure, and while I wouldn't want the older gentleman to get in trouble if he's having problems beyond his control, maybe an authority higher than management needs to be called in, i.e. the police.

I don't know if that's the best solution, maybe someone else has a better knowledge of how to go about fixing that problem if it crops up again but I sure hope it doesn't.
      "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Wow I wouldn't have even asked about permabanning him I'd have just done it.

Comment

Quoth Snowbird View Post
          I think I'm almost more shocked by the management's response than the old man's display (senility or other problems might explain it).

It is unacceptable behavior though, hello indecent exposure, and while I wouldn't want the older gentleman to get in trouble if he's having problems beyond his control, maybe an authority higher than management needs to be called in, i.e. the police.

I don't know if that's the best solution, maybe someone else has a better knowledge of how to go about fixing that problem if it crops up again but I sure hope it doesn't.
          Ah, but you forget, he is a paying customers.

Comment

He just displayed himself to little kids. I would've called the cops and let them hash it out.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
              He just displayed himself to little kids. I would've called the cops and let them hash it out.
              Ditto.

Call the cops. Let them deal with the wrinkled winky in the corner.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                Ditto.

Call the cops. Let them deal with the wrinkled winky in the corner.
                Ditto. I would have used the power of my lungs to tell the old man that he was in trouble. and then I would have called 911 immediately no matter WHAT the manager said. I mean seriously. If you want to be a sick evil $#@% that is your cross to bear, but do NOT do it in a public setting with little ones about.

He probably gets his kicks from the reaction he gets.
                "Sorry, the restaurant is closed in honor of customer appreciation day."

Comment

i also support calling in the police; if upper management is too cranially gridlocked to see the potential lawsuit looming, you have to step in and do their thinking for them. (you seriously just don't get paid enough for it, sadly)

if they aren't smart enough to figure out the where's and why's, simply tell their bosses about the potential issues at hand and let it fall where it may. i'm hoping someone somewhere along the line will have a revelation of sorts, but then again, maybe i'm too hopeful.
                  look! it's ghengis khan!
                  Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I knew after it all went down that I should have called the cops. But faced with the situation (and the penis), I froze. It's funny now, looking back at it. It was like the wrongness of it crashed my brain and forced a reboot.
                    I'm infinitely more jaded and cynical now, let me tell you, and if it happened now, I probably would have handled it much better.

On a side note, I am nominating 'wrinkly winky' for the funniest thing I read today. Congrats!!

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                      Are you channeling Sheldon?

Quoth Kelshir View Post
                      Ah, but you forget, he is a paying customers.
                      I didn't know *that* constituted a form of currency!
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Oh my goodness.

Comment

Gives a whole new meaning to getting fries and a "shake" at Mickey D's...lol.
                          fixed your post! But why won't the area manager ban the dude for spanking the monkey at Mickey D's?
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

We had a situation at work where a older possibly homeless man exposed himself. Called the cops, the SC was removed by police (not sure if he was charged or not) and the SM banned him.

When the DM saw the report, he did the "paying customer" routine and next time the SC showed up he was to be invited to stay. Before the SC showed, ok, bad wording choice there, some suit at Corp. intervened and notified the SM and DM that he was trespassed by Corp. and if he showed up he would be prosecuted.

Comment

Quoth Fryk View Post
                              I knew after it all went down that I should have called the cops. But faced with the situation (and the penis), I froze. It's funny now, looking back at it. It was like the wrongness of it crashed my brain and forced a reboot.
                              I'm infinitely more jaded and cynical now, let me tell you, and if it happened now, I probably would have handled it much better.
                              I don't think there's anyone on this board who hasn't just frozen like that when confronted with something completely unexpected and not known what to do.

It's certainly not like you can go back 8 years and handle it differently.

You did the best you could with what you knew at the time it happened; you did something which is better than a lot folks would have done. And now you have a better plan if you're confronted with the same situation again. [But let's hope you're not.]

'Cuz that's icky.
                              The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X