This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks for costing us $15 asshole

I just had to call for, and have the hotel pay for a cab, because doucheasaurausrex staying at the hotel last night is too good to actually schedule his shuttle like a human being would. Oh, and he's upset that we don't have a shuttle here and waiting despite the fact that HE NEVER FUCKING REQUESTED ONE LAST NIGHT WHEN HE WAS SUPPOSED TO. Unfortunately the corporate honchos require that we provide transportation, so I have no choice but to call a cab to cater to Mr. I can't read a very simple sign.

God damnit I need a new job, between our customers who I refuse to call stupid because that would be an insult to stupid people and my manager who... well fuck I can't think of a term for him that can be expressed in mere words. I think I just officially had my burnout.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Totally understand!!! With the fact that hmm...all of the hotels I am familar with that have a shuttle have people sign up. It makes me wonder if these people are just being EW's and taking the chance that one will be at the hotel because the world revolves around them & they are the only people going any where.

I am sure all jobs have their downfalls, Smiley.
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
      True, but how many jobs involve both that and managers who admit that they aren't hoteliers and that this isn't their area of expertise... and then more than adequately prove it on a daily basis?

Comment

Smiley, I've been there. I burned out on hotel work quite some time back, but before I did I got to the point that seeing the hotel appear in my car's windshield would make me start to feel physically ill. There were so many things I couldn't stand, but in a nutshell it was the fact that tourists aren't content to just have their asses kissed. They expect tongue.

I got so desperate that I jumped ship for an injection molding plant. Yes, industrial work stinks, both figuratively and literally... but it was worth it.
        Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

I do feel for you hotel folk.

When my bf's family and I went to the Dells, bf and I were trying to have a smoke outside before bed, and this rowdy group of stupid teenagers showed up in their tricked out trucks and pimped out ricers. They weren't even like, staying at the hotel, they simply just picked that particular parking lot to fark around in.

As we walked back in, it must have been shift change, because the one girl was saying to the other "If they aren't gone by the time I leave, call the cops, I am so sick of those fucking kids!"
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post
            Smiley, I've been there. I burned out on hotel work quite some time back, but before I did I got to the point that seeing the hotel appear in my car's windshield would make me start to feel physically ill. There were so many things I couldn't stand, but in a nutshell it was the fact that tourists aren't content to just have their asses kissed. They expect tongue.

I got so desperate that I jumped ship for an injection molding plant. Yes, industrial work stinks, both figuratively and literally... but it was worth it.
            I bet you are a lot more relaxed working in industry now! I actually started in a machine shop and moved to customer service when I couldn't physically handle the work any longer ... I missed being able to plug into a sand blaster and ignore the world!

And I love your wives of Henry 8th avatar =)
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
              Totally understand!!! With the fact that hmm...all of the hotels I am familar with that have a shuttle have people sign up. It makes me wonder if these people are just being EW's and taking the chance that one will be at the hotel because the world revolves around them & they are the only people going any where.

Nah. see he knew that he needed to sign up. But if he signed up, he would have to share the shuttle! Whereas, by being an ass and demanding transport in the morning, he got a taxi all to himself. (Yes, I AM cynical. but then, I've been working CS for over 20 years.)

Comment

Curious here smiley.

what the hell kind of hotel do you work for that requires you to A. call a cab for someone (ok understandable if they don't know a local cab # but.. hotel rooms have phonebooks look up 'taxi') and B. PAY for a cab? (i mean ok the hotel pays i assume not YOURSELF out of your own pocket).

but still. I've stayed in plenty of hotels and cabbed it around LOTS and always called for/paid outta my own pocket.

Never would I expect a hotel to reimburse me on cab fare because I didn't get a shuttle ticket or whatever.
                Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

i work at a hotel that tries to play cheap and often time gets burnt... corporate requires that we provide 24 hour transportation and most of the time we can get away with not scheduling shuttle drivers when no one has reserved space on the shuttle... that said, corporate only allows us to do reservations to guarantee a spot... not that the shuttle will run. So when douchasauras comes up demanding transportation, unless we are at shuttle capacity for that time slot, we must find a way to transport him or have the "airport" part of our name removed.

Comment

Working...
                  X