This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID stands for Idiot Douchebag

Since the store put in a policy that we ask everyone who looks under 25 for ID, we have been overwhelmed with suckiness. -.- Today, this kid comes in with his stepmother. Stepmother is not an SC. Kid is. Blargh.

SC: (after SM pays for her petrol) I'd like twenty Marlboro Reds please.
    Me: Can I see some ID?
    SC: I don't have any.
    Me: I can't sell you any, sorry.
    SC: They're not for me, they're for my dad. So why can't you serve me?
    Me: I just asked you for ID and you didn't have any. That's why.
    SC: (speaking slowly, as if to someone who was stupid) They are for my dad. Not me. So give me the fags.
    SM: Don't talk to her like that, it's not her fault that you can't buy the cigarettes.
    SC: (to me) Look, my stepmother is right here, ask her if they're for me or my dad!
    SM: Just leave it. She's only going by store policy; I don't have time to stand here and watch you argue a lost cause.

SC then leaves, sulking, with SM. At least with a stepmother like that, SC has some chance of growing up into a decent human being.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

I liked the SM's parting shot. "I don't have time to watch you argue a lost cause."

Comment

If they were for Dad, why didn't the Stepmom buy them? The kid has to be lying.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        If they were for Dad, why didn't the Stepmom buy them? The kid has to be lying.
        Gee, ya think?

(Only worked at a gas station for a few months, but between that and cashiering at supermarkets I stopped counting the underaged scammers at around 100 or so.)
        No matter how low my opinion of humanity as a whole gets, there are always over-achievers who seek to surpass my expectations.

Comment

How are there still people who don't get that when you buy restricted items and you look young then you're going to get carded? It's not a difficult concept...

Great about the stepmom though! Someone with some common sense
          !
          "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post
            How are there still people who don't get that when you buy restricted items and you look young then you're going to get carded? It's not a difficult concept...
            Oh, they know. They're just hoping you don't.

And when they find out you DO, they're too stubborn to back down. Tch.
            Each one of us has a special place just like the Evergreen Forest. Enchanting, sparkling, and perfect. And, like the flowers that bloom there... fragile.

Comment

I just couldn't stop laughing about that. Poor kid, pwned by his stepmother in public. XD
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                I just couldn't stop laughing about that. Poor kid, pwned by his stepmother in public. XD
                If even ONE person from his school was a single degree away from any witnesses, he'll be haunted by that for the rest of his life.
                Each one of us has a special place just like the Evergreen Forest. Enchanting, sparkling, and perfect. And, like the flowers that bloom there... fragile.

Comment

Working...
                X