This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Don't Make Me Feel Stupid!"

Dear God. I had the customers no one likes to have-The Blind To The Obvious and the Wants To Spend More Money.

1. Ms. Blind

"Hey! D'you work here?"

I'm wearing the vest and I'm putting up the ad for next week. No, I don't work here, sorry. I have a fetish for working for companies for free that includes sexy polyester vests.

"Where's the photo department?"

See the counter that has cameras stacked in front of it, photo kiosks and the HUGE LIGHTED SIGN that says "1 HOUR PHOTO" on it? No, that's not it. You need to visit the pharmacy, they've got a full photo lab hidden among the Hydrocodone.

2. Mr. Spend

He had a bitch fit at me because he wanted to pay 2 for $1 for his Hershey bars instead of this week's 2 for $.88. He wanted a refund because we gave him back too much change. He said, "Well, if the sign's advertised for 2 for $1, that's the price I want to pay! You shouldn't make people feel stupid!"

I would've thought he'd've been pleased to pay less. Maybe coworker should've charged him the extra $.06.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

solution - the charity jar in front of the register.

Comment

I don't blame the candy bar guy. Why would ANYONE want to be MADE to feel stupid when they're obviously do-it-yourself-ers.
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I need a drink now...too much stupid.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

You mean your job is to make people look stupid? Wow! Easiest job in the world!
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

We can always hope that some of these SC's land up with their names in the Darwin awards

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
              You mean your job is to make people look stupid? Wow! Easiest job in the world!
              And the most fun!
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

that's the price I want to pay! You shouldn't make people feel stupid!"
                Sir, here at the Aid of Rite we let the customer do that for themselves.

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                  "Well, if the sign's advertised for 2 for $1, that's the price I want to pay! You shouldn't make people feel stupid!"
                  "Then you should stop being stupid."
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    "Then you should stop being stupid."
                    Unfortunately, for those who suffer from it, it's a chronic condition.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

It's been a long time, but I recall having seen people wearing a t-shirt that read, "I see stupid people...and they don't even know they're stupid!"
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I saw a poster with that same slogan. It had a picture of the kid from Sixth Sense.
                        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                          It's been a long time, but I recall having seen people wearing a t-shirt that read, "I see stupid people...and they don't even know they're stupid!"
                          "I see dumb people. They're everywhere... They don't know they're dumb. You know that faint, buzzing noise in the background? ... That's them. ... Grandma says hi."
                          "That's it! You are SO grounded!"
                          Each one of us has a special place just like the Evergreen Forest. Enchanting, sparkling, and perfect. And, like the flowers that bloom there... fragile.

Comment

Working...
                          X