This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luggage

I used to work for a major airline (National Airlines / Pan Am) I worked there for 25 years as a Baggage Service Agent (lost luggage) on the East and West coasts. When I was working in LaGuardia one Friday night it was foggy and the airport was closed. A passenger came up to me and said that since we weren't flying he wants to transfer to Eastern AL. I told him that the whole airport was shut down and no one was flying. He told me to call Delta to see if they were flying. I called and they said they were. I told him and he then said he wanted his bag. I walked to the service area which was down stairs got his bag. The bag was heavy so I brought it to the counter. he smiles and say's that he is staying with us. I smile and say ok.
    he was going to Miami for the weekend. I put his bag on the side. He was staying in Miami until Monday. On Monday when I came in I sent his bag to Miami. I was working the lost & found office and he walks in. I had him fill out a lost bag report, he seemed a little upset. We finally got his bag back and I delivered it to him on Tuesday. Please don't mess with me.

i'm failing to see the suck or 'messing with' on the customers part. Other than changing his mind after having you get his bag (which can happen). Doesn't sound like a total douche.
    Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

Quoth MergedLoki View Post
      i'm failing to see the suck
      That's not for us to decide.
      Perhaps you missed the note on this posted a year ago.

tet68 came here to vent, and not for a critique.

That being said, though, perhaps you could provide a bit more detail, tet68.

The post is a bit confusing to read.
      Last edited by Ree; 10-04-2009, 08:18 PM.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post

That being said, though, perhaps you could provide a bit more detail, tet68.

The post is a bit confusing to read.
        I'm with Ree... it almost sounds as if you intentionally lost his luggage based on how it's currently written... which lets be honest, I hate my job, I think my manager should burn in hell, and I barely tolerate a lot of the guests, but I would never intentionally screw up at my job... there are some lines that just aren't crossed.
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I'll wait for tet, too ^_^ But it sounds to me like the guy had tet go lug the bag up to the counter (from whatever stygian depths it was in before), change his mind and say that doing so had been a wasted effort because he changed his mind while tet was doing so, and Tet then had the bag sent to Miami because the client was going to Miami...and then the client was peeved because said client apparently never went to Miami.

Not really sure, tho >_<

Seconded on the clarification request, if you please, good sir/madam, and btw, to !
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth tet68 View Post
            he was going to Miami for the weekend. I put his bag on the side. He was staying in Miami until Monday. On Monday when I came in I sent his bag to Miami. I was working the lost & found office and he walks in. I had him fill out a lost bag report, he seemed a little upset. We finally got his bag back and I delivered it to him on Tuesday. Please don't mess with me.
            Seems to me Tet deliberately waited until the customer was back (from Miami) to send his bag to Miami. That was just mean. Yes his changing his mind after Tet lugged a heavy bag to him was a bit sucky, but it didn't warrant deliberately holding his bag so he wouldn't have clothes for the weekend and sending it out on the day the customer was returning. IMO

Comment

yea i wasn't attempting to say the OP was an ass or anything like that. was just confused as to what he was 'venting' about is all. more details maybe?
              Last edited by Dips; 10-06-2009, 04:26 PM. Reason: Removed note to mod that was better suited to a PM
              Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

I read this the same way Teskeria did, although it took me a couple tries.

If that's what really happened, it's completely dickish and the kind of revenge we don't condone around here.

If that's not what happened, I would appreciate some clarification from the OP as well.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Since the OP hasn't logged in since the day of the OP to clarify, this one is going to be closed for the time being.
                  The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
                  X