This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doesn't Love Daughter

I'm in the back office while my coworker checks these guests in. It's a husband, wife, and their daughter (about 10 yrs old), so naturally she gives them a room with two beds.

The husband comes back shortly after check-in. He doesn't want two beds. He wants one bed.

Now, our chain of motels charges by the number of adults, so you don't save any money by downgrading to one bed. My coworker explained this to the guest, but he still wanted a single bed. The reason: Rooms with two beds are two full-size beds, and rooms with single beds are queen-size beds. He wanted the queen-size so he and his wife wouldn't feel so crowded.

Yeah, just forget about your daughter. Make the poor thing sleep on the floor just so you and your wife can have a couple extra inches of space. Real star dad there, not.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

This guy is a real cheap asshole to me.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Whats the bet she is 18 and out forever then they will bitch that she should be taking care of them in their old age...
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I'm afraid that's the thing my parents did to us all the time.

But I was happy; as long as there was a pool, I didn't care either way.

Comment

Quoth Can I Help Your A$$? View Post
          I'm afraid that's the thing my parents did to us all the time.

But I was happy; as long as there was a pool, I didn't care either way.

Me too; every holiday I can remember I was always on the floor - the lure of the pool or possible trips to the milk bar without parentals would usually make up for it.

What I don't get is why the father just didn't request the specific room to begin with ...

Comment

I also had to sleep on the floor on vacations when I was a kid. And, in turn, my children have slept on the floor on vacations as well.

When I was a kid it never crossed my mind to care. Both my sons have thought of it as "camping" or just part of the adventure.

Once we vacationed for a week and we all slept in the minivan on the beach everynight. I think my oldest son complained more about that than the times he slept on the floor in a hotel.
            "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
            HellGate: London

Comment

During Conventions, I've slept in chairs against the wall.
              The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

I come from a large family so on vacations we had to take turns sleeping in the other bed. We didn't really mind it that much.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

wow in my family my parents always got two beds, though my brother often slept on the floor anyways

Comment

My 10-year-old likes to sleep on the floor. She'd do it in her bedroom if we let her. It goes along with peanut-butter-and-potato-chip sandwiches, and various other things that seem cool when you're 10.

If the daughter packed a sleeping bag and doesn't mind being on the floor, and the parents would like a larger bed, it only seems sensible to me.
                    Lack of freedom can be measured directly by lack of stupid. --Penn Jillette

Comment

You're all assuming that the daughter did, in fact, sleep on the floor.

Maybe he really does love her...

(Ew. Where's that cerebral Clorox?)
                      Last edited by Shalom; 10-05-2009, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                        (Ew. Where's that cerebral Clorox?)
                        Always glad to be of service
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Well...years ago, my husband's family traveled in a converted bus to the northlands of Wisconsin. His parents got a hotel room and they stayed in it with his little sister. By "they" I do mean dad, mom and little sister. The boys got to sleep in the bus that night. In November, in northern Wisconsin.

Comment

I remember at one point I couldn't fall asleep in my own bed when I was a kid. I would sleep underneath the dining room table on the floor.

Comment

Working...
                            X