Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st wacko of the night (long probably added to)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st wacko of the night (long probably added to)

well friday nightshift, here they come.

W: contestant # 1 (woman getting xrayed)

me: me... come on if you can't figure that one out :P
    () = thoughts

Me: *standard spiel, greeting, questions, inform what xrays i'll be doing* etc.

W: your a male.

Me: Yes...? (congrats you've effectively determined my gender based on teh fact that i am VERY clearly male)

W: I don't like getting my picture taken by males.

Me: ok... (seriously how do i respond to that? I'm not asking for nude photos here lady you're not that hot just let me do my job).

W: I hate xrays (said in a manner that a toddlers says 'i hate peas' *foot stamp*)

Me: why

W: Because!

Me: ok. (and you've scored another point on the WTF scale. You've just given me the answer a 5 year old gives for.... anything!).
    alright THEN i get her in the xray room (now to any of you that have had xrays obviously the equipment can move.. so I can GET the xrays needed. For the first couple pictures i needed her standing against our wall unit (called a 'bucky' why? i dont know but whatever not important). last patient i had was a hugely tall guy so the bucky was very high up, around her head level).

W: oh im' not that tall you need a stepladder

me: no it moves... *lower it into proper position*(see i COULD chalk this up to just lack of knowledge except by her 'i hate xrays/i dont like getting my pic taken etc. clearly shows she's HAD xrays before)

so for her next xray i had to poke gently at her side (feeling for the top of her pelvic bone to line up for her xray.) now this isn't a hard poke at all its just light so that well.. us techs can center everything and GET the xray the dr. wants.

Me: ok i'm just going to poke at your side for a moment here.

W: *Shrieks* (wasn't a REAL shriek of pain. it sounded like one of those feigned cries lil kids do for attention)

THEN she looks at me and goes 'that didn't hurt as much as I made you think it did'

Me: well thats good. (you're not winning an oscar lady i KNOW it didn't hurt. I've had people with stab wounds say it 'didn't hurt' when i've had to move then/prod at them to do my job. the light prod of my hand isn't gonna hurt you you crazy dingbat).

so I get done with her (finally!) and go to let her back into ER (doors all lock automatically at midnight for safety/security reasons so we use our ID badges to swipe @ a sensor and open the doors for patients etc.)

W: can I see my xrays

Me: Nope sorry the Dr can show you though, he'll come to talk to you when he's seen your xrays. (i CAN show people their own xrays but I can't TELL them anything about them like a diagnosis but i wanted this lady out of my dept asap so screw that!)

W: How long will that take? (common question, annoying nonetheless b/c i have no control over how fast or slow ER moves)

Me: I dont know it all depends how busy he is.

W: Well how long does it USUALLY take.

Me: It all depends on how busy the ER dept. is. I really can't say.

W: well how long do you THINK It'll take?

Me: Repeat above.. AGAIN. (seriously lady i'm not making a call here because if i'm off by even 30 seconds you'll bitch for us 'taking too long' or some garbage.)

and she FINALLY left.

judging from the xrays i've done tonight already and convo's with the nurses I think tonight is going to be an 'interesting' one to say the least.
    Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Quoth MergedLoki View Post
    W: How long will that take?
    At most, a millenium

Comment

I can understand an aversion to being touched, but I don't think I've ever shrieked like that before. Heck, I had my hand lanced with those IV things and all I did was grunt.
      W: I don't like getting my picture taken by males.
      "Oh yes,that's a mighty fine tibia you have there. *eyebrow wiggle*"
      *jedi hand wave* This game works...just not in your system.

Comment

Quoth MergedLoki View Post
        judging from the xrays i've done tonight already and convo's with the nurses I think tonight is going to be an 'interesting' one to say the least.
        Well, tomorrow (Sunday) is a full moon. Man, were people nutty at the pharmacy today. Glad I won't be there tomorrow.
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Not saying she wasn't crappy in her approach, but the couple times I went to hospital for my knees I only found out what was wrong was when I HAD to ask the problem. They wouldn't tell me otherwise. Then again I live in an area where schooling, education, and being hospitalized is questionable

I once went to ER for painful cramps and all they told me was "you're okay". So, what about the pee test? "Oh, since you asked about that..."

Comment

Working...
          X