This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a crosswalk over there!

First off, in the majority of the US, pedestrians have the right of way on private property. On public roads, it's generally limited to crosswalks, but on private property.... if you're on foot, you have the right of way, PERIOD.

A year ago, we painted a crosswalk at one end of the building. However, most people are generally respectful of the fact that... pedestrians have the right of way. We have THREE doorways into the building.

The other day I was walking from my car into the store. Saw a guy hauling ass in the parking lot in a pickup truck only to slam on the brakes when he noticed someone walking .... in the parking lot. OMG, someone on foot.... in a parking lot!

He rolled down his window and shouted "Hey, there's a crosswalk over there!"

The customer that had dared to walk in front of his small cock, I mean, pickup truck, just gave him a dirty look and kept walking. I made it a point to start laughing as loud as humanly possible, which got me a dirty look from the guy suffering from a small penis. Also, the guy was pushing 60 easily, so he wasn't a cocky kid by any stretch, and he was driving a (granted, 2 or 3 year old) Ford F-150, so no rich man with small cock entitlement syndrome.

Yes, I can't believe the people that rocket between rows of cars at 25mph; do they not realize someone could appear from between those cars at any second, or that a cart could roll away, or that a kid could dart into the isle??? I guess not.

Only issue I have with pedestrians is when they cross A) at an angle so it takes 3-times longer to get across, B) reeeaallllyyyy slowly, changing their minds several times and starting to go back, and C) walking-down the MIDDLE of the road while you creep along behind them, mentally willing them to choose a side! Sometimes pedestrians can be entitlement whores too! Mainly because they know the cars have to watch-out for them. I swear though, I've had people walking along who just about walk into MY CAR because they aren't looking where they're walking! I wonder how that would play-out in court?
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
      <snip> I swear though, I've had people walking along who just about walk into MY CAR because they aren't looking where they're walking!
      That's when I either A: pop into neutral and Gun the engine on my V8 350 ci Buick, or B: Give them a good, long blast from the horn. Makes 'em jump, every time.

Edit: Yes, it sounds sucky, but if the alternative is getting charged for 'reckless driving causing bodily harm', I'd rather lose a few Karma points.

Comment

Quoth bean View Post
        First off, in the majority of the US, pedestrians have the right of way on private property. On public roads, it's generally limited to crosswalks, but on private property.... if you're on foot, you have the right of way, PERIOD.
        Wow, you learn something new everyday. They may have the right of way, but that's only if people follow the rules. My favorite is going into the store and it's raining and watching people just blow through the pedestrian crossway. Yeah...thanks pal, at least you're in your nice warm and dry car.

Comment

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
          Edit: Yes, it sounds sucky, but if the alternative is getting charged for 'reckless driving causing bodily harm', I'd rather lose a few Karma points.
          No, it is sucky. If you blast your horn at me, I'm not going to learn anything, I'm just going to think you're an asshole. A quick "hey watch out" beep would do more. You can justify it however you want, but it's still sucky behaviour.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

When I was in college, I was trying to find a parking spot and a bunch of kids were walking through the lot. One of the guys in front was walking backwards and so I stopped because he was oblivious. He walked right into my car and yelled that I "hit" him. His friends explained that, really, he "hit" me. But he still thinks I "ran him over" to this day. Ah, college...

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
              No, it is sucky. If you blast your horn at me, I'm not going to learn anything, I'm just going to think you're an asshole. A quick "hey watch out" beep would do more. You can justify it however you want, but it's still sucky behaviour.
              If you're ambling your way down the middle of a vehicular throughway (aka, the lane of a parking lot), then it's return fire suck, if it's suck at all.

If you are the type to pick a side and not be in the way, then you won't have to worry about getting honked at and it's a moot point as far as you're concerned.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                then it's return fire suck
                Two wrongs don't make a right, and being an asshole back may make you feel better temporarily, but it rarely fixes a situation.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                X