This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The anti-paper fiend

Hello, long time lurker, minimal poster.

Today we had a total whackjob who came in today to order an 8 pc of fried chicken in the deli. I was concurrently helping a lady with some meat and cheese but I saw and overheard this guy come over to the hot case and ordered from coworker K. We were out of our bigger paper bags to hold fried food so she offered to put them in two smaller bags.

I Didn't overhear what ensued but what I got was that he didn't want the paper bags and wanted to talk to a manager. So I told K to get one of our plastic containers and if he still needed a manager that I would be there in a second. I overheard him saying to K that there are mites in paper bags (the bags we have been using for years).

Then I finished with the lady I was helping and came over and asked if he had a question. He goes into a tirade about how it is illegal to serve food in paper bags and if he comes back tomorrow he will call the cops and shut us down. I assure him that we have been using these bags for years and there have been NO complaints. He retorts that I am not taking him seriously because he is not in uniform (I didn't catch if he was a supposed health inspector or what). I then directed him to the CS counter to talk to our GM if he wished.

I didn't get a call from our GM so I guess he never went there but he was completely serious and didn’t blame me for the problem but he still caused a commotion and

1. If you want to change policy you go to the corporate level; NOT the store level.
    2. Calling the cops will only aggravate them for such a frivolity.
    3. Whackjob.

It's illegal to sell food in paper bags?

Damn, I know a lot of businesses that are in BIG trouble.
    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Maybe we should cut this customer some slack. Did he have a goatee? I couldn't help noticing he mentioned his uniform (that he wasn't wearing at the time). Were there any electrical storms, or major sunspot activity just beforehand? I have a theory (very credible, I might add) that he may have been in some sort of transporter mishap earlier in the day. He really IS a big shot, and - where he's from - it really is illegal to sell food in a paper bag (the law there requiring it to be packed in a goat's stomach).

Sure, it's possible the guy is a combination whackjob/idiot, but my theory is much more plausible.

Comment

Working...
      X