This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gravekeeper's Customers are invading Vermont

A lumbering guy wearing a leather jacket I swear I've seen posted in one of GK's past posts walks up to the counter of the electronics department and asks if we have X-large shirts.

Just what about the Electronics department makes you think I know what goes on in fashions, I wonder?

What clinches it for me? The shirt he was after was a blue flannel shirt.

I guess that's why they never order shirts from GK because they come down to Vermont to get them.
    Last edited by Ree; 10-14-2009, 02:36 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary word

people ask for the strangest things in the strangest places. when i was working in a dollar store a few years back, i had people come in and ask if we carried condoms. flavored ones, to be exact.
    now, would you trust condoms from a dollar store? i wouldn't.
    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
    ^_^

Comment

Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
      people ask for the strangest things in the strangest places. when i was working in a dollar store a few years back, i had people come in and ask if we carried condoms. flavored ones, to be exact.
      I would...to give me (unwanted?) kids.
      Coworker: Distro of choice?
      Me: Gentoo.
      Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

Not that I would trust them, but wouldn't be surprised if they carried them. Ours carries home pregnancy tests. Some things just shouldn't be sold in dollar stores

Madness takes it's toll....
        Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Our dollar store carries both condoms and pregnancy tests!

Comment

Quoth dianek93 View Post
            Which, if one wanted to be snarky, doesn't say much about their faith in the effectiveness of the condoms.
            No matter how low my opinion of humanity as a whole gets, there are always over-achievers who seek to surpass my expectations.

Comment

We sell items on eBay. What we sell on eBay is very, very eclectic (see below for one reason).

I can't think of specific items people have called us trying to find, but there have been some real doozies. At one point, we had a listing for some part to modify a sport bike for off-road riding, and we got a number of calls from people looking for other sport bike parts. And they were usually pretty pushy, too, which was irritating, since we have nothing to do with that industry at all.

As for the dollar store thing, I would be much more interested in the brand than the store.

Dollar stores get a lot of their stock by purchasing lost and damaged freight. My company does the same, but in a different sector. Usually. We've sold lots to dollar stores, too.

In many cases, the product is just as good as if you had bought it at a regular store, if, perhaps, a bit cosmetically challenged.

Lost freight tends to be older, so if it's something with an expiration, pay attention to that.

Damaged freight sometimes is really damaged and other times it's only the outer case that's damaged, but the consignee just refused the whole order because they didn't want to deal with it, and then the shipper filed for the insurance re-imbursement, at which point the lot goes to auction. Sometimes it's old and sometimes it goes through the system fairly quickly.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth dianek93 View Post
                yeah the dollar tree i worked in had pregnancy tests. they were some brand i'd never heard of. i had a lady once buy one, then ask for the bathroom key. i handed it to her with a sympathetic look and "good luck?"
                i didn't see her on her way out so i don't know what the outcome was.

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                Dollar stores get a lot of their stock by purchasing lost and damaged freight.
                yeah at the same dollar tree, we received a pallet of really cute shoes that got lost on their way to i think target. they were marked for $20. sold 'em for a dollar. yeah...when i hung out with my group of friends that night...i came bearing shoes.
                If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
                ^_^

Comment

Our poundland shop had the brand of shampoo I use. It was just after the company had changed design of bottle, the old style bottles were in Poundland. Nothing wrong with it, just in a different bottle.
                  "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

i had people come in and ask if we carried condoms. flavored ones, to be exact.

well if they're looking for flavors-I don't think preveting pregnancy is high on the priority list 0_0
                    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                      well if they're looking for flavors-I don't think preventing pregnancy is high on the priority list 0_0
                      If it is then they're either doing something wrong or missing the point of flavored condoms.
                      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

The dollar store near me that carried (not sure if they still do) condoms had the same brand the college nurse gave out (Lifestyles, I think, but not certain). Expiration dates were still good, too. Had to buy some for health class once, and figured I sure as heck wasn't spending a fortune to do it.
                        The pregnancy tests, I have my reservations about.
                        NPCing: the ancient art of acting out your multiple personality disorder in a setting where someone else might think there's nothing wrong with you.

Comment

Working...
                        X