This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Declined =/= go get more!

So I have three stories from tonight. One of sheer stupidity, one bitch, one weird random person.

All of these happened in the space of 5 hours. I was doing lunch and teabreaks.

Poor management

So I was trying to do the teabreaks as close to each other as I can. Now, the rule is that unless there's a few items, you just go. They want to try and keep the teabreaks at :15, :30, :45 and :00 so it makes things easier for people and also allows the sup some time for a break. Had a lady scream at me because I was trying to change over and let someone else take over. (she wanted me to stay from start to finish.)

Would it have been wrong of me to start telling her that "well, I could be taking over for someone who has to catch a bus and they have to leave right this minute. We all don't/can't drive just yet."? I was not in the greatest of moods. (damn my inability to slow down....)

Seriously, I was pissed.

Thankfully, she was the only one who complained about it, nobody else had a problem with it when I took over halfway through the transaction.

Your card is declined.

Served a couple of gentleman who I don't think spoke English very well. They had a few items, transaction didn't take too long.

Run the card. It's declined with insufficient funds. I tell them that "your card is declined, it's not working."
    Their response?

"Can I get two more bottles of <random drink?>"

Me:

Try to explain to them that their card won't work. They STILL don't get it until I add the two extra on, run the card AGAIN to prove that they have insufficient funds and then have them run yet ANOTHER card.

Random drunk....I think?

Not so much sucky as weird. So this guy was either drunk, on drugs, or had some sort of mental illness. He staggers through, talking to himself constantly (i.e. "shut up, yeah I'll do this, I'll do that" to himself) and not so much stumbling, more like just his actions were odd. We have a semi-regular who has Tourette's, this guy may have had it, but I don't know for sure. (he was constantly moving his head around, had ME do his card because he couldn't do it himself etc.)
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
    ...Try to explain to them that their card won't work. They STILL don't get it until I add the two extra on, run the card AGAIN to prove that they have insufficient funds and then have them run yet ANOTHER card.
    Kind of like, "How can I be out of money?!!! I still have CHECKS!!!".
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Working...
    X