• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I look like a pet store?

This just happened at our motel:

SC: I need *mumbles*
    CW: What do you need?
    SC: I need some dog food please. Right now.
    CW: I don't have any dog food.
    SC: ...you're telling me you don't have any?
    CW: The closest place to get some would be the grocery store across the street.
    SC: ...I have to go across the street? Can I walk there? (SC has a walker)
    CW: Yes, it is possible to walk there, but it's about two blocks
    SC: *grumbles all the way out of the office*

<sarcasm> It's okay. We're a budget motel. I can see how that can be confused with a pet food store. </sarcasm>
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Do you even allow pets? Otherwise who was the dogfood for? That is if the guy was staying there. Or was it just some random guy that came in looking for dogfood because that would be pretty weird, to say the least.
    It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

Since it's a budget hotel, maybe the SC saw police dogs reacting at some guest rooms and he thought there was dog food.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I'm always amazed at the things hotel guests think they can find at the front desk of a budget hotel. I had someone ask if they could buy cold syrup from me, and was shocked that they would have to go to a corner store to get some.
        Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
        Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
          I'm always amazed at the things hotel guests think they can find at the front desk of a budget hotel. I had someone ask if they could buy cold syrup from me, and was shocked that they would have to go to a corner store to get some.
          I'm afraid my employer is probably adding to that customer mentality. We stock razors, toothbrushes, pain relievers, cough syrup, etc. And we give it to guests for free.

That's right. Free. In this economy. <--- because it just had to be said.

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
            Silly people. They should know you only stock warm syrup.

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
            I'm afraid my employer is probably adding to that customer mentality. We stock razors, toothbrushes, pain relievers, cough syrup, etc. And we give it to guests for free.
            Razors and toothbrushes I can understand, maybe even a little Tylenol, but beyond that, why would anyone expect to find the front desk stocked like a mini-mart?
            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
              Silly people. They should know you only stock warm syrup.
              *snort* *chuckle*
              Razors and toothbrushes I can understand, maybe even a little Tylenol, but beyond that, why would anyone expect to find the front desk stocked like a mini-mart?
              They shouldn't expect it...that's what the ACTUAL "minimart/giftshop" inside the hotel would be for, for hotels that have them. Let them buy their own meds...And I suspect that distributing "drugs" for free, even something as minor as Tylenol, might be something that could come back to bite them in the ass. I suggest they check up on the laws regarding that in your area.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                And I suspect that distributing "drugs" for free, even something as minor as Tylenol, might be something that could come back to bite them in the ass. I suggest they check up on the laws regarding that in your area.
                Oh, yeah. If anything happened to anyone that could be traced, even tenuously, back to the free handout from the hotel, that's just a lawsuit in the making.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

We are pet friendly, but you need to bring your own supplies for your pet. We usually carry some dog biscuits in a basket at the front desk, but that's it! Heck, we don't even have matches for the smokers. We sell rooms, that's it.

Oh, and when this SC checked out, it seems that she never let her dogs (she had 3 small chihuahas) out at all during the time she was here (better part of a week). We found the bedspread on the shower floor covered in dog urine and feces, and the carpet in the bedroom was much the same way. I don't think we're letting her stay here again!
                  Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Didn't housekeeping check on the room?

OMG, you just know that this freak lives like that at home. Keep an eye on AnimalPlanet... you'll probably see her on Animal Cops when they come take those poor dogs away from her!

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post

Oh, and when this SC checked out, it seems that she never let her dogs (she had 3 small chihuahas) out at all during the time she was here (better part of a week). We found the bedspread on the shower floor covered in dog urine and feces, and the carpet in the bedroom was much the same way. I don't think we're letting her stay here again!
                      UGH! please tell me she is getting charged for the cleaning costs of all that!
                      barfbarfbarf

Comment

Didn't housekeeping check on the room?
                        She probably left before housekeeping got here. Even so, we don't charge for damages or have pet deposits (though I really, really wish we did sometimes). All we can do is deny her service in the future.

The thing that really sucks is that our carpet shampooer is broken, and corporate doesn't want to approve funding for a new one until the new year, so our maintenance man has to get down on his hands and knees and manually scrub...

Comment

You need to get a friend (one who can do a really good SC imitation) to complain to Corporate that they were going to stay at your hotel, but the SMELL made them change their mind before they completed check-in.

Maybe that will shake some money from the funds tree.

Comment

You need to get a friend (one who can do a really good SC imitation) to complain to Corporate that they were going to stay at your hotel, but the SMELL made them change their mind before they completed check-in.

Maybe that will shake some money from the funds tree.
                            ROFL. That would just add another complaint to us, and if we get so many, I can kiss my bonus goodbye. Fortunately, it's not like we're filling up this time of year, so we can just not rent the room until we get the smell taken care of.

I do have a steamvac at home. I've tried to convince my manager to rent it from me. He seems unwilling to pay for it, though. I'll probably just break down and let work borrow it. It's worth a shot to try and get some money for it first, though, right?

Comment

This whole story makes me a sad panda...

I hope upper management open their eyes soon...
                              "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Working...
                              X