This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So glad I didn't take this assignment

So a couple weeks ago my boss asks me if I want to go babysit a property in Seattle since their manager and MOD had to be away. "Are you going to do my paper route for me while I'm gone?" Boss wasn't too keen on that idea, so I declined, and now that the CW who did go down is back and has relayed this information to me, I am SO glad I didn't have to put up with this.

Actually, I may have declined anyways. Though the property is nice and the staff is well trained, the neighborhood it's in sucks. They get less than favorable clientelle, and the week my CW went down was no exception.

Bus Driver Muggers

A group of about six guys mugged a bus driver, and decided to take refuge in the motel. Shortly after they broke into a room, the place was surrounded by police and they had a standoff. They finally managed to arrest the guys.

Bear repellant bomb

A fight broke out in one of the rooms. Somehow during this fight, a bear repellant bomb went off. This caused several issues.

1) When the housekeeper opened the door (at this point they didn't know what had happened), she came into contact with the fumes. This caused her lungs to seize up and blisters to form on her skin, necessitating a trip to the ER.

2) The whole motel had to be evacuated.

3) All this stress caused another housekeeper, who was pregnant, to go into early labor. 2nd ER trip.

Not sure if they caught the guys who set that thing off, but you can be sure whoever was registered to that room won't be staying again at one of our motels anywhere, ever.

Yes, I'm am SO glad I didn't take that assignment!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Yeesh, I've been sprayed with bear repellant before. It's H O R R I B L E

My friend was actually the one who had sprayed me with it because she hadn't realized that it was essentially mace for BEARS. I couldn't open my eyes because if I did they felt like they were going to explode instead of just be on fire, my skin was burning, my lungs were aching.... And I went to go see a movie right afterwards. How badass am I?

My friend got herself back when we were in the theater though. She got some butter on her hand from the popcorn and licked it off. The same hand that she had used to hold the bear repellant

Comment

Quoth CiggyStoreClerk View Post
      My friend was actually the one who had sprayed me with it because she hadn't realized that it was essentially mace for BEARS. I couldn't open my eyes because if I did they felt like they were going to explode instead of just be on fire, my skin was burning, my lungs were aching.... And I went to go see a movie right afterwards. How badass am I?
      Okay, I just GOTTA ask: how many bears are there, on average, in the movie theaters where you live?
      You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Quoth Canarr View Post
        Okay, I just GOTTA ask: how many bears are there, on average, in the movie theaters where you live?
        I suppose it depends on what's showing
        I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
          I suppose it depends on what's showing
          B - movies?

Comment

Working...
          X