This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Victoria J View Post
    I think I'd agree to sell 1 of those. And I'd be really nice, I'd just split the price by the number of labels.

Exact change only.

Victoria J
    3.29/500?
    .0329/5
    .00658? I think... Sir, do you have a Six-tenths cent piece? I'm sorry, checks have to be for over ten dollars... Credit cards have to be over Five...
    Last edited by Imogene; 11-05-2009, 03:37 PM. Reason: Added a digit
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
      3.29/500?
      .0329/5
      .00658? I think... Sir, do you have a Six-tenths cent piece? I'm sorry, checks have to be for over ten dollars... Credit cards have to be over Five...
      Yup. There is also NO number of stickers less than 500 that can be sold at this price without some fairly inventive new coins.

Victoria J

Comment

Another one....this time it was el-cheapo glue sticks that come 4 to a pack which were already on sale for $1 (normally $3). She just wanted one.

Actually, she didn't ONLY want 1 glue stick, but wanted 1 BIG gluestick instead of 4 small ones. And to make matters worse, she went off on an acerbic rant about how wasteful it is to buy 4 because "by the time you use up the first one, the other three are dried out!"

Actually, no. If you don't break the seals on the other three, they will be perfectly fine. And if you can't use one SMALL stick's worth of glue in a reasonable time, what makes you think you'll use up a BIG glue stick before it dries up?

And the kicker? Guess what we actually sell? Big glue sticks.....they are right next to the ones she picked out, but she was too busy ranting and raving for me to be able to tell her that we had what she was looking for.
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

AARRGG!!! MORE!!!!! I already mentioned in another thread the zip ties that ended up being stolen, but there's still more.....

-Stationary with balloons printed one it. It comes 100 sheets to a pack....woman wanted to know if she could buy just one sheet......

-#4 Coin envelopes. This was a request made on the phone. A guy had been trying to order them online, but found they only came in boxes of 500. "Do you guys sell them individually at the store?" No, actually we don't carry that size in the store at all. He said he needed them for checks. That's great, since a #4 coin envelope is SMALL than a check. I told him to go to his bank and ask for some cash envelopes.
          "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

-Pastel colored paper....

-Highlighters (again).

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Two different people....on two separate days this week, have been looking for ultra-fine graph paper. The finest we sell is 10 squares to the inch. One of the guys was whining that that wasn't small enough and both took tremendous exception to the fact that these were only available in mulitpacks, and not individually.

Seriously people.....let's go over it again. You are asking for a NON-STANDARD PRODUCT. You should feel lucky we even carry 1/10 inch graph paper at all, and just buy it (standard graph paper is 1/4 inch). We'd never make money selling them individually. Either buy the multipack, or get the standard paper and do your drawings/graphs on a larger scale and kwitcherbitchen.

And stop asking me where the "rest" of the graph paper is; it's all right there. I do NOT have anything smaller than 1/10 inch!!

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I had one yesterday. It was a food product, pre-pack (Ie baked, frozen and packaged, put in a box and stick a price tag on at the store).

SC: How may are in the box?
                Me: Let me check, (flips over box, looks at nutrition facts section SERVING SIZE: 1 SERVINGS PER CONTAINER: 12) 12.
                SC: It says that on their?
                Me: Yes.
                SC: Doe it have <ingredient in it>
                Me: *repeat flip, read, and tell procedure above* No.
                SC: Can you sell me another one.
                Me: Sure.

I get another package from freezer and hand to SC.

SC: No. Just 10 <individual items> not the whole box.
                Me: Sorry, we only sell them in this size (explain pre pack).
                SC: Well, you could mark it down.
                Me: We can't do that. The are sealed packages, once we ope nit we have to destroy it.

Cue more whining. Eventually the SC bought the second package.

Comment

Quoth MelodiousBubbles View Post
                  See, I HOARD pens. I'm very particular about my pens, so when I find them, I buy them. That, and the fact that I can buy a hundred freakin' pens and they'll all be gone within days, if not hours.

I like the Pilot Precise V5's, myself. At least I'm not picky about color?

Pilot G-2s, either the .07 or .05 (I prefer the .07). Best pens in the freakin' WORLD!
                  Enjoy my latest stupid quest for immortality. http://1001plus.blogspot.com/

Comment

But I don't want 64 crayons! I just want one, that lavender one! What do you mean you'll call the cops if I just take it? Can't you just sell that little crayon to me?

Fine, I'll buy the whole box. I'll need a new cerulean crayon in a few days, anyway. But I'm going to complain to corporate for this! How dare you charge me five dollars for 64 crayons!

Kidding, kidding.
                    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth LingualMonkey View Post
                      Pilot G-2s, either the .07 or .05 (I prefer the .07). Best pens in the freakin' WORLD!
                      *glances at pen*
                      Oh, hey, look at that. A Pilot G-2 07.

I love these things. I have a stash of them for when they run out of ink.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth LingualMonkey View Post
                        Japan stationary stores.... Ohmigot! Those places were heaven for a stationary buff like me! And the pens! And the mechanical pencils! Forget shoe shopping or bag shopping! I wanna go to the stationary store and drool over pens. Particularly the Pilot Hi-Tech-C 0.4 pens! ::drools:: And don't get me started on the all the other things available!

Imadork.
                        "There is a sadist inside me. She likes cake." - Krys Wolf, my friend

In a coffee shop in Whitehouse, Texas: "Unsupervised children will be given two shots of espresso and a free puppy."

Comment

Dave, do you have customers only wanting a single potato chip? Bet you can't buy just one.
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

SC: So you can't buy just ONE magic marker here, huh?!

Me: Actually, over by the copy center, there's a display of Bic--

SC: NO! A big huge fat one!

Me: Well no, but i can order--

SC: So you can't buy just ONE magic marker here!! *leaves in a huff*

Me:

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I love these pens that come in ten packs, and each one is a different colour. Only ones I hate are the orange, yellow and brown; I donate those to work. XD

Local WHSmith does single pens; they are way more expensive buying them that way, tho, just to get one colour.
                              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                              X