Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I go to the Wawa next to Land of the Red Vest so often, we're almost on first-name terms... And then they sometimes come into Land of the Red Vest for stuff... I miss the Rueben melt... Thingy... Brainfart, I forget what it's called, but it was OMG SO delicious...

Going back on topic... That guy reminds me of a keychain I bought once, since lost it... "I do not discriminate. I hate everyone."
    Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

I am so pale I glow in the dark
      Hehe, me too. One of my good friends is as dark as I am pale; we're an interesting pair, visually speaking.

I've never had the race card pulled outright, but I did once have a veiled one. Customer was black, I am, as indicated above, glow-in-the-dark white. I had pulled out her change, but she was fiddling with stuff in her purse or whatever, so I set the money down on the counter so I could bag her items while she got her things in order. She gave me a look, and said "I handed the money to you, didn't I?" I just raised an eyebrow and picked up the money and gave it to her. I'm sorry, but if you're not ready to receive your change, don't expect me to just stand there with it in my hand and wait for you when I have other things to do to finish up your transaction. I'm perfectly happy to pick it back up again if you don't get it before I'm finished bagging. (Now, she may have just been annoyed that I didn't hand her the money, but something in the way she said it made me think she was thinking there were more nefarious motives on my part.)

Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
      aahahaa! you work in a WaWa! awesome! i love those places sooo much. lol i totally want them to open over on the west coast.
      (if you don't work at WaWa, mah bad...lol)
      That's what I was thinking. I have a Wawa right down the road from me...and it's a gas station to boot (not all of them sell gas), which is awesome, since it's one of the cheaper stations around and also one of the few right near my apartment that doesn't charge a higher price to use a credit card. I've never gotten anything from the deli, though (mostly I get milk and the occasional soda or other drink).

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
      Don't tell me I'm the only one hearing Smeagol saying this stuff!
      I was thinking he learned English from Lolcats, but now that you mention it...
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        I was thinking he learned English from Lolcats, but now that you mention it...
        Oh god imagine aliens learning language that way

"I has spaceship!"

Comment

Quoth KitterCat View Post
          I didn’t realize that I was in-fact not a term one uses in polite company until my husband heard me use it. He then had to explain it was not a complement, people did not use it in a happy sweet cookie comparison. Personally I still don’t get it, but don’t use it since its not in the norm.

A person is an Oreo if they are black on the outside but act like a white person on the inside. Its similiar to being called an Uncle Tom.

Comment

And I guess a Barney that acted normal would be an eggplant.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

We do not need to be debating which offensive terms are OK to describe people, nor do we need to be discussing them.

This thread is closed.
              The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
              X