This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• too drunk

again, background: answering phones at a pizza place in the wee hours of the morning (12am-4am)

drunk 1:

me: Thank you for calling, can I help you?
    drunk: *places order*
    me: Ok, that'll be $11.13, did you want to pay cash or credit?
    drunk: Credit.
    me: Ok, what's the number?
    drunk: uh... 9.
    me: ok?
    drunk: 9827.
    me: is that it?
    drunk: Uh, yeah.
    me: It's a four digit credit card number?
    drunk: Uh, yeah?
    me: Um, is there anyone more sober who can tell me the number?
    drunk: Uh, no.
    me: Could you pay with cash? That would be much easier.
    drunk: Uh, the number's 4.

We went back and forth awhile until he hung up. If we were busy, I would've hung up first.

drunk 2:

similar story, up to the credit card part. lady is trying to relay the card number from someone else and is getting all the numbers wrong (I can hear the person telling her the numbers).

me: Could you just hand the phone to whoever has the card? That would be much easier.

and she does, and yes, it was a lot easier.

bonus:

heard in the background while someone was placing an order:

"There's a Dayton cop, get inside."
    To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
    my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

I tried to buy that cinnamon bun place in the mall, but I was too drunk.

Too drunk.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post

Too drunk.
      I tried to buy a cinnamon bun, but I was drunk,
      The girl at the counter freaked out, because I was drunk,
      Now I'm in the drunk tank, and I know why...(yeah...)
      cause I was drunk, cause I was drunk, cause I was drunk...

Dammit, why can I come up with good song parodies, but I can't get started on an essay...curse my useless brain!
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
        Dammit, why can I come up with good song parodies, but I can't get started on an essay...curse my useless brain!
        Maybe you could write a parody of an essay?

What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Then you could write an essay about the parody of "essays in general", and there's your finished essay! ^_^

Unless of course that triggers an infinitely recursive time loop the likes of which have never been seen outside of a Terminator movie and we all get stuck in it and you doom us all. Or something. Maybe even something bad...Cuz that might be a bit unpleasant.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post

Too drunk.
            CINNAMON BUNS!

I got a sweets cod peice toos!
            How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

Working...
            X