This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thus is begins

I used to work for a general hardware store and with that came many customers who are not only ignorant but also rude and violent. Just like this case.

Enter SC

Me - "Welcome to Carpy Tire. Is there anything I can help you with?" Being polite, being as this is the beginning of my shift.
    SC - "Where's plumbin' at" Seeing as of which he doesn't seem to grasp the english language to well, I decide to walk him over.
    Me- "Right this way sir."
    SC- "Where's the plunger, I have a problem with my toilet."
    Me- "Right here," I point at the bottom shelf.
    SC- looks at me and seems to be expecting something... "Well, why is it not here?"
    Me- Thinking through this, great... one of the customers that decide that they know how best to run the business. I reach down and hand it to him, to try to stop the conversation from going further. "Here is your plunger sir"
    SC- "How much is it." Again he happens to be short of manners, because he has not even once said a thing nicely.
    Me- "Well, this one is 14.99, but we also have a couple other ones that are of different sizes and different uses. That will vary the price." So I go about showing him these products, all the while in my mind keeping track of the other customers that pass by wanting my help.
    SC- "Well, I want this one -points to the largest one- for this price -points to the 2nd cheapest one on the shelf- If you cannot do that, then I want a manager here Now." He seemed impatient and already was on my nerves with not being polite in the slightest.
    Me- "I am sorry sir but we cannot do that. We already have the prices marked and that is the way they are. We cannot change them."
    SC- "F*** you. I want to see your manager." At this point he has raised the plunger to try and strike me with it.
    Me- "I will get him for you. Follow me."

So I take him out to the main cash line and my manager tells him the same thing. By this point he has been in the store for a total of 10 minutes and has managed to not only anger myself and the manager, but also make 3 different comments about the female cashiers and what they should be doing instead of working here. He also swings the plunger around striking another customer.

That is where is all went to pieces. The customer he hit, just happened to be a 6'6 man about 300lbs of muscle and wasn't in a good mood from the long wait this customer was making. Fighting ensued, cops got involved with the SC being arrested, and my manager gives the larger man a $50 gift certificate for quickly and decisively solving the problem.

In the end, it all worked out. The SC was released the same day, and came back only once to apologize, only to the manager.

I'm glad SC got arrested, but I'm not sure I agree with the giving of a gift card. True, I didn't see things go down, but the second guy doesn't sound entirely blameless if fists started flying.

SC should have been banned, IMO.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Yeah, from the sound of it, I'm not sure that gift card would've cut it, if I was the manager.

I mean, I'd have pony'd up about $75 at least.

>.>

Comment

Plain and simple. Some one verbally abuses me, I'll either ignore them or respond in kind.

Someone physically strikes me with a plunger and I will disarm the person. None too gently I might add as well.
        I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

I definitely would have given the second customer a gift certificate "for defense of the store." It may earn him some entitlement, but it also means that he is now unoffically the guy who defends the store's honor from other SCs. If the guy isn't polite, that's one thing, but he'll still have to mentally be encouraged to counter the SCs. It's a tradeoff.
          SC: "Are you new or something?"
          Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

Quoth The Unnamed View Post
            quickly and decisively solving the problem.
            What a wonderful way of putting it ^_^

Oh, and to !
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Sunflash View Post
              Yeah, from the sound of it, I'm not sure that gift card would've cut it, if I was the manager.

I mean, I'd have pony'd up about $75 at least.

>.>
              That's exactly what I was thinking.
              My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
              My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

Freaking make that guy unofficial employee of the month.

Comment

Working...
                X