This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YOU. Yes, YOU.

I see you with your hand on the wine bottle. PUT THAT DOWN. NOW. You do not work here, you do not own this store, and YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO POUR YOUR OWN WINE!

WHAT makes you think you can pour your own wine at a STORE-RUN TASTING?!

*facepalm*

(Side note: IT'S BEAUJOLAIS NOUVEAU TODAY! YAY! We have two bottles open of different Nouveaus, for comparison.)

Oh, I wasn't going to pour it, I was going to drink it straight from the bottle. That's okay, right?

Comment

*hides the bendy-straw*

Comment

YOu...Yes You Laddy...Come stand still Laddy...

What the hell? Do people think they can just do whatever.

Comment

unfortunately, yes.

sometimes i wish i was allowed a crossbow at work.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
            \
            (Side note: IT'S BEAUJOLAIS NOUVEAU TODAY! YAY! We have two bottles open of different Nouveaus, for comparison.)

mmm...Beaujolais......That was my favorite tasting day back when I worked at Bevmo! I loved it when people try to pronounce it too! hehe!
            Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
              mmm...Beaujolais......That was my favorite tasting day back when I worked at Bevmo! I loved it when people try to pronounce it too! hehe!
              Bow-zhell-Ay. And I only know this because a friend of my brother's had a dog by that name. And I have no idea why they named the dog that...
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                Oh, I wasn't going to pour it, I was going to drink it straight from the bottle. That's okay, right?
                Don't forget to put the bottle in a paper bag to really class it up
                Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

Does it have a screw-off cap?

And can you buy it by the bag? (my dad used to buy wine by the bag...it was actually not half bad really....local restaurant was seen serving the same brand...for $6 a glass! The bag/box of wine cost about $8 or $9 at the time)

Comment

It's French. Domaine de la Madone and Domaine Dupeuble are the ones we tend to carry. Lots of red fruit, barely any banana notes, unless you let the Dupeuble sit open for two+ hours.

The French are barely switching over to the plastic corks, let alone Stelvin closures. Duboeuf has switched to Stelvins, but his crud is undrinkable anyway - it's all banana and no red fruit.

I still have yet to find a bag-in-box wine that I've considered drinkable. I know a lot of people like Fisheye, but I put it on par with Yellowtail. It's too bad, really. A lot of decent European wineries are selling the box wines in supermarkets over there, but they're not exporting them over here. So we're stuck with the domestic and Australian bottom-of-barrel crud. I love the concept, though. Great way to ensure air doesn't get into the wine.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post

*hides the bottle of Ripple, because like Fred Sanford he's in the mood for some Beaujolipple.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Banana.... wine?
                        What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

If you can think of a flavour, it's likely to show up as a note in wine. When someone talks about a wine having "notes" or "flavours" or "a nose of..." they're referring to the subtle hints (or sometimes not so subtle) of non-grape flavours. Beaujolais tends towards the bright red fruits - cassis, cherry, strawberry, raspberry. High acid, low tannin, and very, very light. Nouveau, because it hasn't had any aging time before bottling, still has some of the volatile compounds that produce flavours generally seen as faults in other wines. Banana is one of those notes. The Dupeuble almost approaches the banana note, possibly due to the organic production (seems to be common in organic wines across the board - banana or barnyard), but it wasn't nearly as strong as some of the Duboeuf Nouveaus I've had in the past.

Comment

There's a game out here called A Tale in the Desert, and you can be a vintner, if you want. There are huge wine tasting parties. It's a lot of fun.

Some of the notes you find in some of the wines are ... amusing. Fish, soap, tar, dust, sauerkraut....

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
                              If you can think of a flavour, it's likely to show up as a note in wine. When someone talks about a wine having "notes" or "flavours" or "a nose of..." they're referring to the subtle hints (or sometimes not so subtle) of non-grape flavours. Beaujolais tends towards the bright red fruits - cassis, cherry, strawberry, raspberry. High acid, low tannin, and very, very light.
                              This has me wanting to try these wines. I will say firstly I'm not a wine connoisseur in any way, shape, or form, but I tend to like lighter flavored wines with little tannins. (Probably why I don't drink a lot of reds to begin with, I think.) About the only exception is chianti. My nonno on my mom's side introduced me to the stuff with a nice rich dessert and I've loved it. His favorite brand is the classico riserva. I haven't found a favorite brand, myself, but that's because I can't really afford to buy various brands to try. >.>

Aaaaand, tangent over...

Comment

Working...
                              X