This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not a thief, I'm a.......

I first encountered this customer back in my housekeeping days. Unfortunately for me, he has permanently moved here and now I see him at the market.

He has an irritating habit, whenever he decides that he wants an extra bag, he goes behind the counter and tries to grab one. Big no-no in my book. I have told him on a couple of occasions not to do that.

So one afternoon, there is a line of people and I am the only one working. I finished dealing with him and turn my attention to the next customer. He immediately walks behind the counter and reaches for a bag.

"Excuse me, you can't come back here." I snapped. "I need a small paper bag for the ice cream." He whines. "Then you ask for a bag, you are not allowed to come back here for any reason."

He gets all annoyed and in front of all the customers, he says "I wasn't trying to steal. I am not a thief, I am a pot dealer." He then stormed out. I and the remaining customers cracked up over that comment.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

More like crackpot.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
      I

I am not a thief, I am a pot dealer." .
      Well, good to know he got that cleared up.

Comment

Oh well, that's all right then. Have all the little bags you want then.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Riiight....like being a pot dealer makes everything ok

I used to have that problem during the bag-free phase out. Because there were two racks on my register, I used to load it up on ONE rack only, so that way customers wouldn't go grabbing the bags off the registers.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

There was a time once where a customer came back behind the bar. Apparently he dropped something from his side of the bar on to our side, and he thought it would be perfectly okay for him to come behind the bar to retrieve it. My bar manager, who was bartending at the time, made it real clear to him that it is NEVER okay to just come behind the bar without the bartender's permission.

Still A Customer."

Comment

I read the topic title and immediately thought the end of the sentence would be "TREASURE HUNTER!!"

Please tell me I wasn't the only one.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

*coughs* Call the cops *coughs* Tell them there is a self admitted pot dealer that frequents your store. If other coworkers heard him say it have them sign statements to that affect. It gives police reasonable suspicion so that they can get a search warrant and really messes the guy's day up.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  Please tell me I wasn't the only one.
                  You weren't the only one. But I saw that as being too obvious for an SC...
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth jackfaire View Post
                    *coughs* Call the cops *coughs* Tell them there is a self admitted pot dealer that frequents your store.
                    Problem with that idea is that if the guy is a ceramic pot dealer, the cops are going to be none too amused with you.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      Problem with that idea is that if the guy is a ceramic pot dealer, the cops are going to be none too amused with you.
                      You'd be right Jester but do ceramic pot dealers say they're pot dealers anymore? I'd have thought they'd say they'd avoid that phrase because of the connotations.
                      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        *rolls eyes* No one says I am not a thief I am a (insert other criminal act here) if they really make pots or repair cracks etc they would then just say I am not a thief.

Clearly he assumed she knew he sells pot and thus figured this is why she suspected him of being a thief.

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
                          You'd be right Jester but do ceramic pot dealers say they're pot dealers anymore? I'd have thought they'd say they'd avoid that phrase because of the connotations.
                          A pretentious clueless prick like that? Oh, I can totally see them saying that.

And by the way, of all the drug dealers I've known, the smarter ones do NOT advertise what they do all that loudly. And that, my friends, is why the smarter drug dealers tend to stay out of jail far more than the stupid drug dealers.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            A pretentious clueless prick like that? Oh, I can totally see them saying that.

And by the way, of all the drug dealers I've known, the smarter ones do NOT advertise what they do all that loudly. And that, my friends, is why the smarter drug dealers tend to stay out of jail far more than the stupid drug dealers.
                            Yes but since we've established he's a pretentious clueless prick I doubt he'd be one of the smart drug dealers.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              So much WORD to this.

Just sayin'.
                              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                              X