X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I...just...*sigh*

That's not a size...
    My sister works with me. This was her customer.

A woman in the drive ordered an ice cream cone. Pretty simple. She didn't specify a size, however, so my sister asked her which size she wanted.

Sis: "Ok, would you like a small or large cone?"
    SC: "...what?"
    Sis: "Would you like a small or a large cone?"
    SC: "...vanilla...?"
    Sis: :facepalm: "No, which size did you want?"
    SC: "...vanilla?"
    Sis: "That's not a size, sweetheart. Small or large?"
    SC: "I can't understaaaaand you..."
    Sis: "Just...just pull around."

You've let your eyes betray your heart
    Bonus points if you can identify who I'm quoting.

After ten minutes of arguing with this woman over whether or not I should refund her money despite the fact that she and her entire family ate every bit of what they ordered without any complaints until after they had finished.

I'll spare you the first half of the conversation.

...SC: "We just weren't satisfied. I feel like we should be compensated for that."
    Me: "Regardless of how you feel, the fact remains that you ate every bit of food you ordered. I can't and won't do that."
    SC: "I don't understand."
    Me: "We've all ready gone over that; I'm not going to repeat myself."
    SC: "You really don't care if we ever come back, do you?"
    Me: "Honestly, no. No I don't."
    SC: "Can I speak with a manager?"
    Me: "You're looking at him."
    SC: "You know, I knew you wouldn't be helpful or considerate as soon as I saw you. I could see it in your eyes."
    Me: "Really? Can you see the sign in them that says 'Go Away'?"

She finally left after that. And no, I don't get in trouble for being firm and a little rude with customers. I'm manager, and Bosslady tells me to be that way with people like her.

That's all for now.

I love managers like you that are more worried about the business than making the customer happy.

Yes I know what I said and it is my opinion that catering to customer's like that costs companies a lot of money in lost revenues especially when they tell their friends about their scams....oh I mean complaints.

Comment

Quoth guitardude1987 View Post
      SC: "You know, I knew you wouldn't be helpful or considerate as soon as I saw you. I could see it in your eyes."
      Me: "Really? Can you see the sign in them that says 'Go Away'?"
      Your reaction to that was just perfect.

I'll bet she'd been waiting all week to use a line as blatantly rehearsed as that. How much you wanna bet she and her crew had been eating full meals for free all day long...?
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

please tell me that before she left you got the money ^^:;

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          I'll bet she'd been waiting all week to use a line as blatantly rehearsed as that. How much you wanna bet she and her crew had been eating full meals for free all day long...?
          I imagine it'd be like the "jerk store" line that George had on Seinfeld. He had the line perfectly rehearsed, only for the jerk to fire back with a killer rebuttal.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
          X