This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    I'm a bit confused. Did you screw the guy over, or actually help him to cheat off of you. If it was the former, bravo! And if it was the latter, what, precisely, did you get out of it?
    It sounds to me like he screwed the guy over.

He sat down and worked out a hand-signal scheme for two reasons: to shut the guy up and make him believe he was being helped, and also to make sure that *he* wouldn't be caught "communicating".

Then he went ahead and gave hand-signals that did *not* correspond to the correct answers, thereby ensuring that the cheat would fail the test if he was relying on them.

Comment

Sounded like that to me, too. The only potential flaw I saw with that plan is that the cheater would figure it out pretty damn quickly (as in when he got the test score back), and might either look to retaliate or else just go right back to his regular cheating method.

Just a thought.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
        It sounds to me like he screwed the guy over.

He sat down and worked out a hand-signal scheme for two reasons: to shut the guy up and make him believe he was being helped, and also to make sure that *he* wouldn't be caught "communicating".

Then he went ahead and gave hand-signals that did *not* correspond to the correct answers, thereby ensuring that the cheat would fail the test if he was relying on them.
        This is indeed what happened - we worked out these stupid hand signals and then I fed him wrong answers all the way down the board.

The thing is, while he wasn't the brightest wick in the wax, he should have gotten at least SOME of them right. Even the guy who sat in the back and liked to shove crayons up his nose got a 72. I forget whether he got a 13 or a 17, though it did have the legend "See me."

He hadn't wanted to crib some answers - he wanted someone to sit the exam for him. I was as shocked as he was to see his final grade. I have a feeling that if I could have signaled that his name was "Penis McFartburger" he would have written that down instead of his own.

Oddly enough, there was no aftermath - and he stopped trying to rubberneck my tests.

Love, Who?

Comment

Quoth Ben_Who View Post
          Oddly enough, there was no aftermath - and he stopped trying to rubberneck my tests.
          Actually, that WAS the aftermath....the fucker got the message, apparently!

Still A Customer."

Comment

So with all of these stories about cheating, I thought you guys would enjoy an update on this class...

I caught another. They had a book report due last Friday, so I spent my lunch hours at other work grading papers. This one kid had a paragraph about Leonardo da Vinci. So strike one, he obviously hadn't done the work. Strike two, there's a website listed as his work cited. Strike three, the website doesn't exist. I found the entirety of his paragraph on Yahoo Answers.
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

My daughter confiscated a note being passed in one of her classes last week:

"I wish I was Santa. I'd know where all the NAUGHTY girls live."

Sure. And if that pimple's coming down the chimney, some chick's going to go three little pigs on him, and bring the soup kettle to a rolling boil...
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                So with all of these stories about cheating, I thought you guys would enjoy an update on this class...

I caught another. They had a book report due last Friday, so I spent my lunch hours at other work grading papers. This one kid had a paragraph about Leonardo da Vinci. So strike one, he obviously hadn't done the work. Strike two, there's a website listed as his work cited. Strike three, the website doesn't exist. I found the entirety of his paragraph on Yahoo Answers.
                Oh god, Yahoo Answers. My mother is constantly reading off questions from Yahoo Answers of people that are clearly trying to get other people to do their homework for them. It's awesome when the first reply they get is someone telling them to do their own damn homework, less so when people actually respond with the answers.

What's funnier is when you get a question like "how can i get into havrard???" and you just want to tell them, "Buddy, you aren't getting into Harvard if you can't even spell the school right."
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                  What's funnier is when you get a question like "how can i get into havrard???"
                  "I would suggest buying a ticket to one of their games. That or get a job there. I hear they may have some openings in the custodial arts."

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Ben_Who View Post
                    "Penis McFartburger"
                    I have no words right now to express how awesome that is. I may just have to nickname one of my crappy co-irkers that.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                    X