This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth UncleImpy View Post
    I came in to see maybe 15 uniformed teenagers in line followed by 10 or so adults. Oy. However, the store has always been good about moving fast, and the wife and I loves us some chicken soft taco goodness, so I decided to wait.

Another player comes in, the adults wave him on up. I assumed (stupid me) that one of them had run out to a car and was getting back in line.

Taco-y goodness. I can wait.

Another comes in. Gets waved up. I frown. Err.

2 more come in. Get waved up. I catch a mom looking at me and she says 'they're all on the team'. I ask, "So?" She gives me a blank look like that was all the explanation that was needed. I tell her using small words that everyone should be waiting in line in the order they came in like the adults we all are.

Another one comes in. They start to wave him up. Now Im pissed. I actually get out 'what the hell is wrong with you people?' then realize all of the adults/parents are now staring at me like I have two heads, and give up. I turn to go, along with the three people that had come in behind me.

Outnumbered by SCs. Sigh. No Taco-y goodness for us.
    I lost my rag while trying to explain this to one our our recent arrivals in my part of London. The gentleman in front of me at least had the right idea, he waved in front of himself, and me queueing behind him a lady who had just a loaf of bread and appeared to have the correct change. No problem there, I would have done the same myself.

Nearby woman seems to have noticed, so approaches the queue with a few items. Gentleman allows her in, she immediately turns and waves to her a small army of brats, all clutching bags of crisps (chips) and cans of soda. There must have been 7 or 8 kids, each with 3or more items. I said to her that she couldn't come in with all the kids, and that the man had obviously thought she was alone. She does the SC trick of pretending not to understand English. I place my goods (only a handful) on the belt right behind the good gentleman's and wave her to place hers on the belt behind mine, but she tries to muscle in in front of us both.

Because this is my neighbourhood I know the security guy since I'm one of the customers who actually talks to the staff rather than shouting orders at them. He moves towards us, and this seems to be enough for her and she backs off. the queue is moving slowly, someone is paying by card and is searching her handbag for her purse, another has forgotten milk, which is at the back of the store etc. Security goes off shift for tea break.

Woman takes this as a cue to try again, sending brats on a flanking maneuver to deposit items on the belt in front of myself and gent. I had to say loudly "Would you PLEASE control your kids" woman shrugs as if they're not her kids. Checkout guy's teabreak arrives too it seems, handover goes smoothly, and kids' stuff arrives at scanner point with kids having gone back to mum. I've had enough and i know the new checkout guy a little, so I lean over saying that the stuff belongs to the woam, so he puts it aside and rings up the gentleman's stuff. I hung around packing my small amount into my bag just to see what the flamboyantly dressed and scarved woman would do, only to spot some of the kids stuffing things into pockets etc.

This is a cut price sawdust on the floor "super" market and they only employ one security guy, so when he's at tea, there's not much, but I wait hopefully and he comes out just as the scum are leaving. I quietly mention to him that they have stolen a load of stuff, but unfortunately since he didn't witness it he can take no action this time, but at least he knows them for next time.

If there's one thing worse than SCs it's thieving SCs

Comment

BroomJockey and Blaquekatt sound like what a converstion between Dexter and the Trinity Killer might sound like!
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        BroomJockey and Blaquekatt sound like what a converstion between Dexter and the Trinity Killer might sound like!

I do have a son.....wait which of us is dexter?
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
        X