This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No free software for you!

I work for a major software mfr-(accounting). Several times a year we host free update seminars for CPA's who use our product. The seminar lasts about 2 1/2 hours and is designed to make attendees aware of changes to the product and all the new whistles and bells in the new software. Every attendee gets a FREE copy of this software for for attending the entire seminar ($400 value)

I think it's an incredibly generous offer if you ask me. But of course I get this self important bitch on the phone today who told me she went but couldn't be bothered to stay and demanded we send her free software anyway. Um no..doesn't work that way. Of course I heard the obligatory "well I will never buy yoru product again!"

Hey lady-we would have GIVEN you the software had you stayed, so get off my damn phone already.

Quoth CherryB View Post
    Of course I heard the obligatory "well I will never buy yoru product again!"
    We are a teeny-tiny software manufacturer and we get that sort of thing from time to time:

"If the update isn't free I don't want it." [And if you don't pay for it, you won't get it. Sounds like a good plan for both of us.]

"I can't justify spending money on this and I'm thinking about going to your competitor, what can you do for me?" [Wish the two of you a happy future?]

"Those of us who can't afford [the product] should organize a boycott." [Yes. You should definitely do that, Professor.]

As Gord might say:

"Oh, no! Were losing customers who won't spend money! Whatever shall we do?"
    Last edited by Dips; 12-07-2006, 06:59 PM.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
    X