This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the odds?

A guy comes in today trying to return a thermal travel mug with a broken handle.
    He wanted either a new one or his money back.
    The mug had the logo for our brand of paint. The girls on the service desk couldn't figure out a SKU.

Naturally, there was no receipt.

They called the dept. supervisor.

She took one look at the mug and said, "We never sold these. They were a promotional item. There's nothing I can do."

The guy grabs up his mug and walks out.

After he left, the supervisor just stood there laughing.

Turns out, about 10 years ago, she had attended a company training, and she had received one of those mugs.
    Her ex-husband had done some work for that same guy, and he used to take coffee with him in that same mug. He had forgotten it at the guy's house, and she had been really pissed at him at that time.

So, the guy was trying to return her own damn mug to her for replacement.

Talk about your weird twists of fate.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Please - if I ever get THAT pitiful, someone shoot me.

Holy shit! Attempting to return a promotional mug someone left at your damn house 10 years ago. That's a new low.

And that's amazing how she remembered her own mug...I bet she was cracking up!
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post

And that's amazing how she remembered her own mug...I bet she was cracking up!
      Well, it's a small town, and people know each other.
      She remembered her ex doing some work for the guy, and she remembered that she used to get pissed off at him for leaving her mugs behind all the time.

That particular mug was only available to people who attended a certain company seminar, so it's not like there were a multitude of them, and if one turned up, it would have to belong to an employee.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
        Well, it's a small town, and people know each other.
        She remembered her ex doing some work for the guy, and she remembered that she used to get pissed off at him for leaving her mugs behind all the time.

That particular mug was only available to people who attended a certain company seminar, so it's not like there were a multitude of them, and if one turned up, it would have to belong to an employee.
        Oh, I totally believe it. I just would have loved to see the look on her face seeing her old, rag-tag mug showing up with this assclown, who wanted a refund on it.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Wow, just wow.

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
            I just would have loved to see the look on her face
            It was priceless, actually.

We all had a pretty good laugh about it.

Comment

Too bad she isn't in the habit of labeling her mugs. Can you imagine turning it over to find HER name on it.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Wow. The absolute chutzpah of someone believing they're entitled to a refund - hello, the return of money paid for a particular item - on something for which they never paid!

Not only did he not pay for it, he knew it didn't belong to him.... Although her husband shouldn't have left it behind in the first place, I'm assuming the guy knew how to get ahold of him. If I'd found something even as inconsequential as a coffee mug left behind by someone, I'd call them up and let them know they forgot it!

Comment

Trying to figure out that guy's thought process is...well...better not attempted lest I hurt my brain.

But I just love how your co-worker wound up being the one to handle it. That's just hilarious.
                  The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

That one is a classic, Ree.

Too bad she didn't call him on it and tell him she knew the mug's history. I would have loved to have seen his reaction to that.
                    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
                    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Working...
                    X