This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not quite sure if this is sucky.

Here's a store that'll warm your heart. No, not sarcastically.

This guy with an absolute cherub of a child comes up to my register. I mean this boy was cute, well behaved, and adorable, talkative and well behaved. Guy realizes that he doesn't have cash on him (is buying milk and bread and a couple other things), so the man behind him offers to pay for his purchase and it all goes well.

Feeling the love and the christmas spirit here, yet?

Guy later comes in, sans kid and buys 3 packs of cigs and says how happy he is that there's still nice people in the world. Yeah, nice enough to pay for your groceries. I doubt man wouldn't have been generous enough to pay for the cigs, even with the cherubic child.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

This could easily be taken either way I think, while it is possible he left is wallet at home, or even forgot to put the cash in the wallet (I've done both), it could just as easily have been a stunt they have pulled before, it's impossible to tell.

Comment

Either way, it takes some balls to go into the same place after pulling a stunt like that.

See, I'm so cynical I immediately thought it was a scam.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
        Either way, it takes some balls to go into the same place after pulling a stunt like that.

See, I'm so cynical I immediately thought it was a scam.
        After working so many years in retail and encountering so much of the bad side of human nature, it's become second-nature to automatically think "scammer."

I know because after 20+ years in retail, I've become somewhat cynical myself . . .as in if you can't find anything nice to say about someone, come sit by me.

On the other hand, there could be some decent people left in the world. It could be seen either way, I reckon.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

No, I think the man behind was a genuinely nice guy, and quite taken with the cherubic child, too, he "reminded him of his grandson". Still, I'm a bit =/ to the cigs. If it were me, I would've dropped that $20 into the nearest charity box, to keep the good karma going.
          Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Anyone here besides me reminded of the song "Christmas Shoes?" (At least, the Patton Oswalt version.)

Comment

Working...
            X