X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's not a compressor, sir...

Guy walked up to me yesterday.

"Yeah, I need air in my tire and YOUR compressor's not working."

I was thinking, "Well, it's about 5 degrees above zero F out there, maybe the nozzle's got some ice in it." That's what I think. I don't actually say this to Capt. Uber Yuppie, because the whole "facts" thing confuses a lot of these folks.

I do say, "I'll take a look at it."

I walk outside and pull the compressor hose out of the wall (right under the sign confusingly labeled "Free Air") and press the tab on the nozzle. Works just fine.

Uber Yuppie looks at me, complete noncomprehension on his face. "THAT'S the compressor?"

I look at him, "Yes sir, that's the compressor."

Some baffled look, "That's NOT the compressor?!?" said as he points at the BMW parked next to the VACUUM CLEANER. He had been trying to use the air freshener spray (confusingly labeled "Air Freshener Spray") to put air in his tires.

I wonder if his tires are still "French Vanilla" fresh.
    I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

KA-BOOM!!!

<slight pause as I pick up the pieces of my brain....>

Grade A stupid in action, and further proof that signs are just meaningless jumbles of letters when it comes to SCs.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

I could see the twisted logic in that one. He wanted to refresh the air in his tire, so he went to the Air Freshener.

Stupid, sideways logic, but still possible.
      Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... tire fresh...
        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Bet he was pretty insulted that you laughed at him too. Not that you could have held it back, tho..
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Y'know, they do have scented tires, so that when you do a burnout, it smells good. They also got colored ones, too.
            To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
            my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

I don't think I could've restrained myself from laughing at him. Or offering to sign him up for a remedial reading class...
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I guess following that logic, not only did he want air freshener in his tires, he may have followed that up with wanting Axe-scented bodywash in the windshield wiper fluid dispenser.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

It's kinda like a customer of ours who once went up to our manager and said, "I can't get the coffee grinder to work... I accidentally put flavoured beans into the regular grinder... Do you think it knows?"
                  I have CDO. It's kinda like OCD, but the letters are where they should be!

After Tuesday, even the calendar goes W T F...

Comment

Oh it knows, IT KNOOOOWWWSS! Run! It can read your thoughts!
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Bwahahahahaha!!!
                      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Working...
                      X