X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first real Sucky Customer...

Was today.

Ok, policy of the store is to card ALL people with CCs who's signatures do not match. No matter how little the purchase. If you make a 1c purchase on your CC (A 1c stamp let's2 say) and your siggy isnt the same, I card you.

So this lady buys about 8 dollars of stuff, credit card. Sign, lalala...

Woman
    Me

Me: *eyes signatures. THey're rather different.*
    Me: Can I see your ID? The signatures dont' really match.
    Woman: What?? For eight dollars? *starts screaming and stuff, flips her wallet open and says I shoudl go after the 'real thieves'.*

Me, I try to say I dont write the policies, I just follow them and refuse to budge.

She contineus going on, and guestures, saying she's manater at Quiznos' and comes in all the time (First time I remember seeing her). Again, its only eight dollars.

Well, I'm getting shaky. A mix of anger and panic (I'm very easy to panic when threatened at times). Finally she wants me to refund her money and she'll go somewhere else. I start to call over a supervisor, who had seen it.

He vouches for her and she wanders off. I'm trying not to hyperventilate.
    Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Good for you for standing up to her! They will go off on you for the weirdest things, won't they?
    "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
    -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Yeah.

She was east indian too. I worry about if she'll think i'm racist.

But I know the boss will back me up. One Supervisor/manager witnessed it, and the other one continually pressed the 'card people!" thing.

We even have a sign in the WASHROOM reminding employees to check sigs.
      Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Quoth Horsetuna View Post
        We even have a sign in the WASHROOM reminding employees to check sigs.
        Huh. I wonder what happend somewhere in your corporate chain for them to get so strict about it so suddenly.

Comment

Quoth Reyneth View Post
          Huh. I wonder what happend somewhere in your corporate chain for them to get so strict about it so suddenly.
          Probably had a lot of fraud issues. Same thing happened at the supermarket I worked at
          in high school. They actually told us to immediately call a supoervisor if we got an unsigned card, who would then imemdiately refuse to use it. THAT caused a MAJOR meltdown with one guy, but that's a story for another day.
          "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I don't get what the big deal is. I certainly don't get upset if a clerk asks me for ID. Afterall, I realize that they are only trying to protect me.

Oh wait, I'm not an SC, I can use logic....
            I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

The difference between you DesignFox and a SC is that most if not all SCs just like to complain... I think they like the sound of their own screaching voice. :-s
              MMO Addicts group

Comment

My absolute favorite is people who write "ASK FOR ID" or the like on their card and still get pissed off when you ask for id. "I spend so much money in this store MY CARD IS VALID" and on and on. i had one lady fuss at me that she was going to late for work because she was going to have to search for her ID and she wasn't even sure if she actually had it. I just don't understand why people don't just hand over the ID with the card, its easier on both of us.

Comment

Working...
                X