This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Stupid. It hurts. (Language)

first of all, Im on my mothers pc to avoid the grinding noise of my laptop at 6 in the morning. Her configuration is different from mine so this post will be entirely apostrophe-free. Dont feel like fiddling with the config then forgetting about it then having mom naaaaaaaaaag.

Cross-posted from my blog, ignore the angry badger comments, it doesnt relate to anyone in here. Also, I apologize for language; Im typing it as I heard it.

Moving on to what happened last night.

I got threatened at work. Woop-dee-friggin-doo.

Hey, turns out theres a male version of {known angry badger} and I had the PLEASURE of serving him and his anger management issues!

He pops in and dumps what was left of a pc game on my counter.
    I mean that. The box is busted (I got so mad, he says, I threw it against the wall!).
    Right there, I cant do anything. Bad enough its open, it got opened from IMPACT. The box is broken and one of the corners is jutting out and dangling lamentably.

Then he proudly announces he doesnt have a receipt. The game is brand fucking new he claims, showing me a disc underside so scratched up it was GOUGED in the middle. It wrecked his fucking computer and hes angry, he says.

Looking at the game, I dont think it was its fault the pc was fucked.
    Then he went on a tirade on how he tried it in a friends 5000$ pc and it wouldnt install (I hope, with how scratched up it was!) that he buys tons of stuff here all the time, that we sell crap (Then why do you buy stuff here all the time?) and threatens to destroy my section, to rip down the shelves and to wreck everything.

What was I doing? Repeating Ad Nauseum that I couldnt do fuck-all, albeit without the epithet, of course. Opened, busted box, scratched disk, no receipt, cant-do-shit.

Of course, me lacking any actual penis (Sorry angry badger, you lust over NOTHING) he would NOT listen to me and DEMANDED a manager.
    Its 6 o clock. There is NO manager. I know. So I humor him and call them knowing full well nobodyll answer me. Then I try calling the guys at the other department. No answer. Then I try sending HIM over to the other department. No answer as he stopped listening to the words coming out of my mouth 30 minutes ago.

So just to get rid of him before he wrecks my stock, I took the game and his info (Gave a females name, figures hes all bark but no balls) and told him Ill talk to my manager. Not even a hint of a refund or exchange, I said TALK to my manager. Thats it.

I then went to show the game to the other clerks, that yes I know I shouldnt have taken it, yes, I tried to send him your way, look under the disc how *new* he claimed it was...

JRs gonna call him today.

5$ says hell claim I promised him a refund-exchange-new computer-my first born. But JR has my version (the truth) and has the game.

The SARCASM I had to hold back, you people would not believe. But I dont have the seniority yet to use it, sadly. I just stayed calm, even-toned and smiling. They HATE that.

Hey, my till balanced perfectly yesterday! The Good with the Bad!
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Hell, with that douchebag's first threat, I would have been on the phone calling the cops, right there where he could hear me.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

With the way my counter's made, he could have easily lunged and tried to throttle me.

Then I'd be spending my evening at the station explaining how I got that festive decorative lamppost all the way up the SC's bottom.

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
        WThen I'd be spending my evening at the station explaining how I got that festive decorative lamppost all the way up the SC's bottom.
        Ooh, that sounds like a good story You're not holding out on us, are you? ^_^

I wonder if you have any "camera domes" in there, with or without a cam...You could havce asked him to "repeat that, more clearly...and yeah, turn that way about 15 degrees and face up...thaaat's perfect!
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Shoot, we do! I know there's a camera pointing smack dab at my counter! I SO should have said that!

BTW my boss was actually looking forward to this guy all day... I'm sure the "genius" showed up after the managers left to try and bully the other cashier into submission.

Comment

Please keep us updated should there be any new chapters in the saga of anger-management douchewaffle.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

So far nothing. Either my boss called him and explained to him why he was a douchewaffle or he realized he was an idiot and went into hiding.

I know I'm gonna write about anger management soon, I work on Boxing day...

Comment

Working...
              X