This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Really Need it, but I Don't Actually Want It

I am making a cash authorisation for a customer, he only has to pick it up at our office, and he is standing one block down from there.

The whole time he is on the phone with me, he keeps interrupting what I am asking him to tell me how awful it is that he has no money, he has not eaten for three days, he would be very grateful if I could get him an authorisation on his account so he could get a meal......

I go through his records and the most I can authorise is £45 which is still quite a lot.

The customer refuses, saying it is not enough, he slams the phone down and I cancel the transaction.

Not enough for a meal if he hasn't eaten in three days?Which was what he kept repeating?

Edit keeping within this thread of my own experiences, not starting a different thread for each story.
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
      Or his TV remote
      actually we had at my former place of business a combo tv remote/phone

Basically this
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Heheh, the last bit of the OP reminds me of this bash quote.

<HC-Marine> yeah one time this windows & doors company called
        <HC-Marine> and my dad answered it
        <HC-Marine> they asked if he wanted to have his windows and doors replaced
        <HC-Marine> he responded with "I don't have any"
        <HC-Marine> they were so confused
        SC: "Are you new or something?"
        Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

Today's stupidity

me - what is your address

customer 1 - gives address
          about three questions later, customer suddenly says, "oh wait! did you want the address where I live now?"

*uh, no, the one you lived at ten years ago would do great*

customer 2 - "my address? you mean, where I live?"

*yep, what else would I mean?*
          Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Quoth Boggles View Post
            about the time they invented the Talkie Toaster to help you choose your warm bread product breakfasts.

Crumpets, muffins or plain toast for the reference
            "I toast, therefore I am!"

"WILL YOU SHUT UP?!"

"I'm not a moaner by nature."

"No, by nature you're a toaster."
            "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

I find this personally amusing, since for many months my voice mail went something like this:

"Hi, this is not Jester's cell phone, it's his dishwasher. His cell phone is on vacation, so I'm filling in. Just leave your name and number and I'll do the best I can to get them to Jester."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                I find this personally amusing, since for many months my voice mail went something like this:

"Hi, this is not Jester's cell phone, it's his dishwasher. His cell phone is on vacation, so I'm filling in. Just leave your name and number and I'll do the best I can to get them to Jester."
                I miss having funny answering machine messages. I used to set them up early in the term before interviews started, but I can't risk it now. Lucky Jester.

Comment

Quoth Boggles View Post
                  about the time they invented the Talkie Toaster to help you choose your warm bread product breakfasts.

Crumpets, muffins or plain toast for the reference
                  Red Dwarf!

I'm pretty sure, anyway.
                  What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

I think I do know what you are talking about. I would ask a customer what is best contact # for the tech before an appt and they would always say, "I don't have a phone #" but how did they call in then?

Comment

I actually had a situation just this weekend where I was calling in but had no useful callback number.

I ended up using the last of my juice to make the call, and was incommunicado after that point. Thankfully, the tow truck driver had no need to call me back, or I'd have been really screwed, stuck on the side of the freeway in the middle of the desert with a busted belt.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                      X