This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember, it's spelled F C C

I got a real winner of a hearing user last night.
    Background, for the relay system there is no such thing as a do not call list. You may block the number with your phone company, you may file a restraining order against the deaf user, but you cannot ask us not to call. As far as the FCC is concerned, we are not there (but they pay us to not be there... go figure)... the only two people interacted are the deaf user and the hearing user.

Enter hearing user who thinks he knows the law.
    In the course of the call, he threatened legal action against the company for not following Do Not Call (best of luck with that)
    Threatened legal action against me for harassing him, demanding my name... of course only giving him my employee number (as per company policy)... I loved his line "if I sue you how do I do that without your name"... umm, if you are serious about that you'd know that you get a court order for the company to release that information...
    Point blank said that he held the deaf user harmless... after all it isn't the deaf user calling him (umm... did I miss something... the whole point of this call is so that the deaf user can call you).
    And the crowning moment of proving he's an asshole and not just someone frustrated... when the deaf user disconnected he went off for a good 3 minutes about how unacceptable it was that I had allowed the deaf person to disconnect... seriously dude, the deaf user can cut the connection just as easily as you can... all it takes is a few button clicks for them to break the connection... so what do you want me to do... divine where this person lives, track them down and force them back online?

Oh, and yes, we do keep records of our callers, you are very astute good sir in pointing out with your supposed experience in the telecom industry that records are kept... however, if you were as experienced as you claim you are, you'd also know that information can only be released with a court order...

And of course the real joyous moment, where I had to mute my phone and laugh was when I told him that we were operating entirely within the rules prescribed by the FCC, if he had further questions he could contact our customer support department... he said if that was the case he'd sue the FCC too... OK, fine, remember, it's spelled F C C... go ahead and try to take them on, see how that works out for you.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Reading this reminds so much of the ignorant trash that calls the bank. I feel your pain.
    Spawned
    "You sure don't make this site easy to use for people who don't know how to use computers."
    Just when tech support thought it was safe...

Comment

Oh man I feel ya on being threatened with the Do-Not-Call list.

At my job we ONLY EVER call people who have placed an order with us. A lot of times they're using someone else's credit card so they put their home number down and when we call them we get all sorts of threats because people think we are bound by the Do-Not-Call list. It's aggravating to say the least, that so many people don't even understand what that list actually is.
      Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Working...
      X