This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First shift of the New Year...

and if it's any indication, I'm in for a kinda long year at work.

SAVE YOURSELVES.

It would seem one of Gravekeeper's nutbars has escaped the asylum, and is calling the swamp. Several times a day, sometimes.

What he'll do is ask if we have some kind of item, and if we do, ask a bunch of wierd, esoteric questions about it that nobody would think to ask. Such as how big is the packaging (he'll want specific measurements, even if it's a small item), what does the packaging look like, what is the 1-800 number for the manufacturer, and so on.

Those might be legitimate questions, but why, then, does he need to slip into one of at least three different accents he uses so that nobody knows it's him?

When the person answering the call can't answer one of his questions, he blows a gasket, screams at them that it's their job to find out this information for him, and slams down the phone.

I haven't gotten this guy on the phone yet. If I do, I'm fucking with him. Management is well aware of this guy, and has told the floor people that they can transfer his calls to them if they (the floor people) feel uncomfortable.

The Politeness Police

As I was filling maxi pads from autopull this afternoon, some old bitch pushed her cart right up behind me--and stood there. And stood there. And kept standing there.

When this happens, I work as slowly as possibly. I check every little number on the shelf labels to be extra sure I'll stock the item in the correct spot, and just poke around. Either use your words, people, or go around me. It's not like I haven't heard and responded to the words "excuse me" before.

Finally I finished up, the old bag passed me, and said "Thank you! *pause* You're welcome!"

That's when I gave her a f you, muttered under my breath. She didn't hear.

I know things like please, thank you, and you're welcome are nice to hear. But do you have to be such a witch about it? What are you gonna do, rap me over the knuckles with a yardstick?

Pop Quiz:

You are Captain Jackass. You are responsible for carryouts today. While doing a carryout, you find have brought the wrong bookcase up. It is 2:50, and quitting time is 3:00. Do you:

A). Apologize to the customer, return the incorrect bookcase to the backroom, and bring up the correct one, or

B). Page one I.P. Freleigh, tell him you brought the wrong bookcase, give him the SKU for the correct bookcase, tell him (as opposed to ask him) to bring it up front, load it up for the customer, and return the incorrect one to the backroom, and book it up to the breakroom, to wait for the clock to hit 2:53:01 so you can punch out.

You get two guesses, and the first one doesn't count.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Oooh!! I know! I know! It was B, wasn't it?!

What do I win?
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      Oooh!! I know! I know! It was B, wasn't it?!

What do I win?
      I'm suspecting a year's employment at the Clearance Swamp, no expenses paid.

Been nicer to get the 2 quart Crock Pot, wouldn't it?
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

As far as your nutbar caller goes, I had a similar situation a few years ago.

A man would call and ask several questions about a specific product we carried. He would then ask for directions from his hometown... except his hometown changed every time.

Finally, I gave him wildly wrong directions and stopped calling. WEIRD!

Comment

Working...
        X