This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a night

There had to be DUMB in the water today.

I was working in electronics, and had a call. The first thing the woman asks me is where she can rent movies. Um...you call a retail store to find out where to rent a movie from? I told her we have movies you can buy(it's not my job to know where you can rent a movie) and she still insisted I tell her where to rent movies from, and I suggested the only place in town that I knew of, since both of our blockbusters closed down.
    Then she asked if we had a certain movie, and I didn't quite understand what she said, so I asked her to repeat it, and she did, but in a way that seemed like she thought I was 2 years old and had just as many brain cells. Not to mention spelling it out SLOWLY. I can understand the word, I just didn't understand YOU the first time.

After a while I got cold(I'm in Florida, not super cold, but they don't have on the heat or AC, they're just blowing in air from outside, which is chilly right now). So I put on my sweater. You could still see my red shirt and name tag poking out from under it.
    A woman walked into the department, and I said "Hi, how are you?" like I do to almost anyone. She smiled but looked kind of confused. I know I get kind of confused when I see employees in clothes I don't expect to see them in, so I thought that was the case, and she just thought I was a random person. So I said "Do you need help with anything?" As she's walking to the phones behind me. She just kind of looks at me, and looks past me, then walks past. Uh..ok then.
    After about 10 minutes she comes up to the register with a phone she picked out. She asks "I saw a sign when I came in that all appliances are 50% off...does that apply to this?" ..meaning the phone. I guess you can technically call it an appliance, but those signs she saw are clearly marked for the LARGE appliances. Washers, dryers, ovens, etc. Not phones. And wouldn't you think there would be signs by the phones if they were on sale?
    She bought the phone anyway.

Oh and just something that bugs me. I wear a name tag. My name is Kelsey. It bugs me when people look at my name tag, and still manage to call me the wrong name! "Thanks Kelly!" "Thank you Chelsea" ...Really?! I never use someone's name unless I'm SURE I know it. I can understand over the phone and sometimes you don't always hear everything correctly, but when it's right in front of you!? Ugh!

About 20 years ago, the large Hypermarket chain (like Super WalMart but predates it I think) used to have video rentals.

Comment

You could rent from Krogers, I know...well...10ish years ago...

As for the last one, I usually ask a person how they pronounce their name before using it.

PS: everyone has the same number of brain cells. you grow neural pathways as you mature/learn is all. [/lecture]

Comment

I also hate it when customers presume to give you a nickname. Say my name is Elizabeth (it isn't). If Elizabeth is the name on my nametag, don't suddenly call me Liz, Beth or Lizzy. Grrr.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Summerfly413 View Post
          There had to be DUMB in the water today.
          Ooooh... Can I steal this as my quote?
          There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

Quoth AtDIelement View Post
            Ooooh... Can I steal this as my quote?
            Haha sure, go for it

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
              You could rent from Krogers, I know...well...10ish years ago...
              Giant Eagle (or "Jyunt Iggle," if you live in Pittsburgh ) once had their own video department...named Iggle, of all things Didn't last long though. Cheaper rental places (which oddly enough, are also gone!), and DVD sales put an end to it. Some smaller stores, mainly in the rural areas still have video rentals. Mainly because of nights when there's nothing to do in the trailer park
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Summerfly413 View Post
                What a night

"Late December back in '63..."

Sorry....first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title!

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                I also hate it when customers presume to give you a nickname. Say my name is Elizabeth (it isn't). If Elizabeth is the name on my nametag, don't suddenly call me Liz, Beth or Lizzy. Grrr.
                I usually check on this with people at The Bar. Obviously if they tell me their name, I know what to call them, but if my first knowledge of their name comes from me IDing them, I'll ask. "So...Jen, Jenny, Jennifer?"

I know two Douglases who are NOT Dougs, and two Richards who are not Riches. Etc., etc., etc.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  I know two Douglases who are NOT Dougs, and two Richards who are not Riches. Etc., etc., etc.
                  Safe to assume they aren't Dicks either.
                  There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

Quoth AtDIelement View Post
                    Safe to assume they aren't Dicks either.
                    You don't know them.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
                      PS: everyone has the same number of brain cells. you grow neural pathways as you mature/learn is all. [/lecture]
                      Everyone may start with the same number of cells, but you know the SCs don't keep theirs intact...

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                        Everyone may start with the same number of cells, but you know the SCs don't keep theirs intact...

^-.-^
                        Thank you. It is possible to kill brain cells. Excessive drinking (but it has to be *really* massive), oxygen deprivation, surgery, trauma, certain illnesses jacking your fever up to dangerous levels, etc. are all ways of destroying brain cells. You can recover from brain damage by making new neural pathways, but you still lose cells. [/lecture]
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                        X