This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "We spent so much money here!"

I'm in the midst of the xmas portrait pickups. People are stressed out, want their photos and need them to ship off to family members... Many people are stuck for time and stressed because there's so many things to complete and get finished and wrapped and bought before xmas.

A family comes in to pick up their portraits.
    "Ohhh they came out great!" coos Mum.

"Yeah!!! Lookit me!" squeals the kids.

Dad grunts. "What they're not cut?"

Each sheet comes with other photos printed together. 10x13 and 8x10 one to a sheet, 5x7s one to a sheet, with 5 wallets printed around the outer edge. Four 3x5s to a sheet and 9 wallets to a sheet.

"Cut?" I guess I gave them a surprised look.

"Yeah... Cut.. .As in cut apart! They're not cut!" Squawks Mum.

"Ummm we don't cut them," I reply.

"What!? Nobody's ever asked you to cut them?! What are we supposed to do!?"

"No, nobody's ever asked me to cut them. You're the first ones. We don't have the tools to cut them here... I'm sure I can go over to the 1 hour photo and cut them for you!" I replied - getting slightly irritated at their sheer level of self-importance.

"Well considering how much money we've spent here!" squawks Dad. Wow you guys must have bought our $249 package... Or at least the $99... It is a lot of photos. The $249 package has 30 sheets, The $199 has 25, the $149 has 20, the $99 has 15, and so on.... I guess cutting them with the 1 hour photo cutter wouldn't take that long... If they've really spent that much money....

"If you really want me to cut them. Just give me a minute, I'll go over to the one hour photo and do it for you." I said, taking the photos.

"NO! It's FINE! I just can't believe you won't do it!" Squawks Dad. "Considering how much we spent!"

"I'll do it." I reply, still in disbelief that they're acting so ridiculous. Do they expect the waiter at the restaurant to cut their food and feed it to them too?

"No It's fine! I just can't believe you've never done it, considering how much money we've spent!!!"

And they storm off, I look at their receipt.

The amount of money spent?

Our cheapest package. FOUR SHEETS @ $39.88
    Last edited by Retail's Bitch; 12-11-2006, 06:11 PM.

Non-listening jerks.

Yes, it the most wonderful time of the year, huh?

You're right it's just going to get worse- I've been seeing holiday stress related suckiness lately as well. Makes you want to scream, "BAH- HUMBUG!"
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Comment

Gosh, didn't these folks ever hear of this wonderful invention? It's called SCISSORS. Every household should have at least one pair.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Yeah, no doubt... if nothing else how do you properly scratch your back without a good pair of scissors?
        "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
        HellGate: London

Comment

I usually use a hairbrush, a ruler, or a letter opener. For some reason, using scissors to scratch my back would make me nervous.
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Where in the heck have they been living that they didn't know this was the standard. All the pics I've ever had have been multiples on a sheet around letter size. All thru school and etc. All my kids pics and our family pics whether from PCA, Sears, JC Penneys, or Rusties photos and used rusty needle emporium have never given them to us cut. Makes you wonder who wipes his butt for him.
            My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth Retail's Bitch View Post
              "If you really want me to cut them. Just give me a minute, I'll go over to the one hour photo and do it for you." I said, taking the photos.
              That's happened to more before as well. SC wanted somethin' done and I offer to do it, SC refuses, yet keeps bitching. Honestly, if they're gonna make such a big deal about it, I don't understand why they wouldn't let you cut the photos. Either let the person cut the photos or shut the hell up.

On the other hand, could you imagine how long it would take to cut everyone's photos? Especially around Christmas time, that would be insane.
              This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Because most people who bitch like this do not want a solution. They just want to bitch. Bitching is the end result.

I've had people flat out REFUSE solutions, had them practically flee the store when I cheerfully offered to get a manager over to fix their problem.

This quote sums it up...it was uttered by someone who called channel 19, got an answering service, hung up and called channel 25 and got me. They wanted to bitch about a show that didn't even run on our station. I pointed this out.

So she said, and I quote, "I know you aren't the channel running the show. I just wanted to complain."

I kid you not.

And this goob has a voter registration card and a driver's licence.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  Gosh, didn't these folks ever hear of this wonderful invention? It's called SCISSORS. Every household should have at least one pair.
                  That probably is not the best of ideas, they'd run with them, trip and fall, then sue the scissor company.
                  My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                    So she said, and I quote, "I know you aren't the channel running the show. I just wanted to complain."
                    Oy. I think my brain cells just started imploding...
                    Everything I do goes through...

Think About It Central

Comment

ROFLOL! And you didn't cut their photos for them? Geesh

Don't these people own a pair of scissors?
                      0 Coffee! Thou dost dispel all care, thou are the object of desire to the scholar. This is the beverage of the friends of God. -In Praise of Coffee, 1511

Daranacon - because we're not crazy enough

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
                        On the other hand, could you imagine how long it would take to cut everyone's photos? Especially around Christmas time, that would be insane.
                        My portrait studio *does* cut them.
                        Right now we have a part-time person whose only job is to check that the order is complete and correct, cut the photos and call the customer that they are ready. Both photographers also do this when they have free time. As do three other full-time workers if we have a spare block of time.

I *hate* wallets.

However, we do not cut any location photo shoot photos - the weekend Santa photos at the golf club, church directory photos, preschool photos, sports team photos....
                        if they say anything about it, I tell them to go to X or Y craft store down the street and get a little papercutter for scrapbooking for $10. We sure as heck don't have the time!

Comment

I wouldn't trust these people(in the OP) with anything sharp to be honest with you.

Comment

I have had my potrait don many times by many different studio's and I never got them cut, I have always been under the assumption that It's not something that most studio's do.

Comment

I suppose, if you were feeling vindictive, you could have kept a VERY large cleaver under your desk just for them, slowly pulled it out, and looked like you were gonna start whacking at their photos like you would a chicken that needed to be quartered....

Comment

Working...
                              X