X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• um..noise? huh?

Phone rings, it's almost 4am. It's an inhouse call, from a room. I answer:

SC: (everything he says is yelled, and initially said way too fast) !!!!Eleventy!!! *noise or something about people* We expect our room to be free!!!!!
    Me: ...
    SC: These people next to us have been arguing for 2 hours!
    Me: So you're hearing noise? (next time try to make sense, ass)
    SC: YES! These people have been arguing for 2 hours and we EXPECT A FREE ROOM TONIGHT!
    Me: I will go ahead & give them a...cal...l *interrupts*
    SC: I will be down to talk with you about it later! *slames phone down hard*
    Me:....You're room was free....huh? Great just friggn great. (He wants another night free or the room he earned with frequent stayers points free...as in points not deducted? Just hope I am not the one he decides to freak out later on cuz I have to authorize a free room with management since it was free in the first friggn place. I had been up there earlier & heard not a peep from anyone.)

Because I was caught off guard, so shall you readers be.

I had checked in a room earlier in the night. I almost didn't take the guests cuz the guy only had cash & said he didn't own credit cards (he could pay cash, but we needed a credit card just in case of room destruction). He claimed his girlfriend worked next door (a pub our boss frequents and by chance my brother works as head cook).

Now I do NOT like renting to the workers from over there except for 3 people, my brother included. This lady pissed me off last time she was here. So, no more. I won't do it. They are drunken idiots with no self respect. If they don't try to get naked in the pool area, they get the cops called.

And on top of that the guest they woke up is, of course, being completely & totally irrational because how can I control what other people do? I could have told them to shut it or leave, but blaming me is like blaming a step for a person tripping on it!
    Last edited by thehippie777; 01-19-2010, 10:19 AM.
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Yeah, there's not much you can do if A) you didn't hear anything and B) they don't tell you till the end of their stay. I hate people like that. Apparently if you work in a hotel, you are all-knowing and all-seeing!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Now I know you meant otherwise but...

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
      Now I do NOT like renting to the workers from over there except for 3 people, my brother included. This lady pissed me off last time she was here. So, no more. I won't do it. They are drunken idiots with no self respect. If they don't try to get naked in the pool area, they get the cops called.
      If you don't strip down for us right now, we're calling the cops to make sure you get nice and naked!

okay, my silly bit is done.

Comment

Quoth godaistudios View Post
        Now I know you meant otherwise but...

If you don't strip down for us right now, we're calling the cops to make sure you get nice and naked!

okay, my silly bit is done.
        Don't be alarmed. Continue swimming naked.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Love them Simpsons references.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

No, please, continue!
            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment