This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I had an accident...." (GROSS!!!)

Ugh......this is nasty, so don't read if you're eating.....

Had an SC today who got rather uppity with me when he found out that we don't carry drafting boards or drafting tables in store, and that the cheapest table i could order him was over $200. Nothing too major. A bad attitude, but not post-worthy on its own.

Then he abruptly asked if we had a public bathroom, so I directed him to it, then went back to work printing out some planograms and price tags Focker had requested. I was doing this at the service desk while Natasha rang.

The guy came back up, carrying a plastic bag.

Natasha: Ready to check out?

SC: No, actually I need to talk to him *points at me*

Great....came to give me more shit about not having a drafting table?

Then he started to walk away from the desk, and motioned for me to follow.

SC: I had a little accident back there......this *holds up the bag* has my underwear in it. I'm gonna run it out to my car. I just didn't want you to think I was stealing anything.

And yes, it looked like there was a pair of tighty-whiteys in the bag.

SC: I took this out of the trash can back there, so you'll need to put a new bag in.

Me: Um....ok.....

And he walked out the door.

I went back to the men's room.....thankfully, aside from whatever he managed to deposit in his pants, he seemed to have gotten it all where it belonged, though the toilet would need a good cleaning in the morning.....

Oh yeah, and when he said he took the trash bag, he neglected to mention that he dumped the trash that was in it bag into the barrel, sans bag.

I took care of the trash can and went back up to the front, where the SC was now checking out. The Don had appeared behind the desk, and I pulled him aside and filled him in.

Natasha: What happened.

The Don: That guy who just left.....he shit his pants.

Natasha: Oh my God, are you kidding??!

Me: No.....he...shit his pants....

Natasha: AAAAHHHH GROSS!!!!! And I bet he didn't wash his hands and I touched his money!!!!! EW EW EW!!! *ran off in search of hand sanitizer*

But at least he didn't shit all over the outside of the toilet......
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

He seemed so...Blase about the whole thing; I wonder if that happens to him often, or when he gets upset. At least he didn't miss the bowl, thank your lucky stars for that!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I'm wondering if he has a medical problem. Either way....why fess up to something like that? And frankly, if I were running around town and shit my pants, I certainly wouldn't want to transport them home with me!
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

To be honest, I'd be thankful that he'd taken them away with him, as I wouldn't want to find that in my store's garbage can - that's biohazard right there.

IBS can cause sudden and irresistible need to ... well, you know. Or maybe he had something spicy for lunch
        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
          Oh yeah, and when he said he took the trash bag, he neglected to mention that he dumped the trash that was in it bag into the barrel, sans bag.
          What would you prefer he do with it? Leave it on the floor for you to clean up?

Sounds to me like the poor guy did the best he could. He cleaned up after himself as much as he could with the materials he had available. He didn't leave soiled undies for you to deal with. Lots of things can cause people to have accidents. IBS for sure, but also certain medications and whatnot. Sucks to be him, but it sounds like you ought to be thanking him for taking care of his own stuff and not making his problem your problem.

Still doesn't excuse him for being a SC over the drafting table issue, though.
          Women can do anything men can.
          But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
          Maxine

Comment

I'm with Sparky. After seeing what a SC can do to a bathroom, I'd say you got off lucky.

I mean, it's gross, but dealing with nasty garbage is way preferable to dealing with shit.

Although I think I just would have put the briefs into the trash and called it a day. We aren't talking about sacrificing an expensive garment.

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post
              What would you prefer he do with it? Leave it on the floor for you to clean up?
              You do have a point. Still, the whole episode was very off-putting. After all, you don't usually expect a grown man to come up to you and tell you he just shit his pants.
              "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

The funny part was him assuring you he wasn't stealing anything. I'd hate to see the transaction that would entail: "Hey.. what's in that bag?? You got a receipt for that?"
                I will never go to school!

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
                  The funny part was him assuring you he wasn't stealing anything. I'd hate to see the transaction that would entail: "Hey.. what's in that bag?? You got a receipt for that?"
                  Here's the "receipt"...shit stained tighty-whiteys!
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                    SC: No, actually I need to talk to him *points at me*

Great....came to give me more shit about not having a drafting table?
                    I guess he was coming up to give you shit!

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                      Although I think I just would have put the briefs into the trash and called it a day. We aren't talking about sacrificing an expensive garment.
                      Unless they were special continence undies. Those are expensive.
                      Seshat's self-help guide:
                      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Believe me, it could have been worse.
                        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                        X