This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rate increase of $10

I know a bunch of you have gotten the ol "but the economy is bad" b.s. Here is the hotel version I got to witness tonight:

Guest arrives to check in. Everything goes well until he goes to sign his registration slip.

SC: The rate sure had gone up!
    Me: Hmm, well our rates did just increase...
    SC: Well, I paid 80 last time I was here in December!
    Me: Yeah, our rates did go up since then...
    SC: Well, this is just a HORRIBLE increase (of not even $10, but 9.90 for him)!
    Me: Well, I don't set the rates, I am sorry. I don't have much to do with that (I copped an attitude a bit because I had a rough weekend and really didn't want to put up with this shit.).
    SC: Well, you tell mangement that if they don't lower this rate I will never stay here again! I can't believe they would raise rates during this time! (aka the time of year & the economy)
    Me: Well, let me get you our Director of Sales guy's card and if you speak to him he will give you a rate of your very own. *grab business cards* I will give you our manager's card as well. (He might as well talk to him, our rates up up to as high as 134 in summer time.)
    SC: *glaring at me like I am a horrible $10 villian*
    Me: Sure sorry. J is often here by 630am and at the latest 7. You can call him & stop by if you wish.

He stomps off, and I reduce his rate to 80.10 and write our director of sales a warning note.

I hear bitches about a penny, and a rate increase bitch is sooo bullshit. Where he comes from our hotel's brand rates are 139 right now.

On top of that, asshole, your rate doesn't even pay my wage for the shift I work tonight! What a dick.
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

I get that ALL the time at my motel! We're more expensive than most other motels in our chain. That's because the whole town is like that! Sorry, but just because one of our motels on the other side of the state is $20 cheaper doesn't mean that's what you'll find here.

Of course, you're more than welcome to go up the street, see that every place in town costs more than you'd expect (and more than us), and then come whimpering back with your tail between your legs (happens more often than you'd think )

If you're REALLY nice and I'm clearly not going to sell out that night, I'll probably cut you a deal (gave a really nice guy 30% off tonight in fact!). Acting like an EW won't get you any favors from me, though.

Oh, how I can't wait for the Winter Olympics to make our prices skyrocket. If you're b*tching about our rates now...just wait!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I had a guest awhile ago start bitching and ranting about our rates. I told him if he could find a lower rate anywhere in town we would price match it. He insisted that last time he stayed with us he paid much less...
      I checked. Last time he'd stayed with us was more than 6 years ago, and the rate at the time was only $10 less.
      Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
        Oh, how I can't wait for the Winter Olympics to make our prices skyrocket. If you're b*tching about our rates now...just wait!
        There's something satisfying about telling the price bitchers you can't lower the rate because of an event. It feels like ...power!
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
          I had a guest awhile ago start bitching and ranting about our rates. I told him if he could find a lower rate anywhere in town we would price match it. He insisted that last time he stayed with us he paid much less...
          I checked. Last time he'd stayed with us was more than 6 years ago, and the rate at the time was only $10 less.
          Right now being a higher end hotel, that isn't true. But the crap hotels are starting out only $20 lower then us...for a reason.

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
          There's something satisfying about telling the price bitchers you can't lower the rate because of an event. It feels like ...power!
          I almost can't wait for summer so I can go, "the 8 people ahead of you paid 134+tax..." Okay, I won't be able to do that, but I shall think it & I shall laugh at them when I discount our final room, they leave, come back & it's gone & they cry about it. Sometimes, there is glory is this bus.
          When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
            Right now being a higher end hotel, that isn't true. But the crap hotels are starting out only $20 lower then us...for a reason.

I almost can't wait for summer so I can go, "the 8 people ahead of you paid 134+tax..." Okay, I won't be able to do that, but I shall think it & I shall laugh at them when I discount our final room, they leave, come back & it's gone & they cry about it. Sometimes, there is glory is this bus.
            Yes. Yes there is. I had that happen. The SC tears were particular sweet that day. Their bitching and moaning were like music.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Had that all day today. *passes booze* Our rates changed 3 times today, oh well I do not have the contract that says revenue and I don't care we only have 4 rooms left, the walk ins fill that space.
              "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

Working...
              X