This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First of all I'm glad you're ok.

Second, you did the right thing quitting that job. Looks like the owner is going under anyway if he can't pay the bills and they took the lottery from him. It didn't seem like he cared much for your safety anyway.
    Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

I'm glad you're ok, and it sounds like quitting that job was the right decision. My husband was robbed at gunpoint last summer while delivering pizza.

Comment

Updates!

Bump from the future...

As predicted, the store only lasted a few more months before my boss decided to shut it down due to an impending rent increase. However, it's back open under new management, though I dunno if much has changed over there.

Anyway...

I just recently received a letter from a "Victim Witness Advocate" for the DA's office, "regarding the criminal prosecution of [douchebag]." To note:

"The District Attorney's Office has indicted Mr. [DB] on the charges of Armed Robbery (X2) and Assault with a Dangerous Weapon (X2) for the incident that occurred at [convenience store] on January 29, 2010. The decision to indict is based on both the seriousness of the charges as well as the defendant's criminal record. He was arraigned in [court] and was released with the conditions that he remain at [recovery center], report to probation twice a week, undergo random urine screens, stay away and have no contact with you or the store and actively seek employment.

Mr. [DB] is next scheduled to appear in court on November 4th, 2010 for a Motion Hearing. Your presence is not necessary at this hearing; however, you are welcome to attend if you wish. If you plan on attending, please contact me ahead of time and I will arrange to meet you. Feel free to call me with any questions regarding this case."

I doubt I'll attend the hearing, but at least I have some closure on the matter. In other other news, I've finally gotten back to work, albeit not on a regular basis, and for a person I've mentioned before...
        Goofy music!
        Old tech junk!

Comment

Sounds like you did everything perfectly. We had a situation once where a man walked into our pharmacy department with a large knife and demanded that we give him our oxycontin. The pharmacist calmly handed it over to him and he left. Any store that is worth working for will always tell employees to cooperate fully in the event of an armed robbery.

Comment

Quoth RxBoy View Post
            Sounds like you did everything perfectly. We had a situation once where a man walked into our pharmacy department with a large knife and demanded that we give him our oxycontin. The pharmacist calmly handed it over to him and he left. Any store that is worth working for will always tell employees to cooperate fully in the event of an armed robbery.
            As awful as your management treats you guys, RXBoy - I'm frankly surprised the pharmacist didn't get written up for being robbed!
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
              As awful as your management treats you guys, RXBoy - I'm frankly surprised the pharmacist didn't get written up for being robbed!
              I know, right? LOL They apparently have at least some human compassion.

Comment

I am glad you are ok and they caught the guy. I work 3rd shift by myself and the thought of being robbed is usually not to far from my mind. I hope your next job is safer.

Comment

I'm just glad my C-store's never been robbed because I could just see the look on the robber's face if they tried that at MY counter.

I think I'd look at the bag, look at him, look at the bag, look at him, and ask, "You're kidding right?"

I've had WAY too many people do this and then be joking.

I'm glad you're alright though, it's best not to do anything daring and I heard it happens so fast it's hard to do anything anyway. There was a report of a C-store employee at a rival C-store of mine who gave this guy money and as the guy was counting the money the employee grabbed the gun the guy set on the counter and demanded the money back. Who puts the gun down?! What an IDIOT.

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
                    There was a report of a C-store employee at a rival C-store of mine who gave this guy money and as the guy was counting the money the employee grabbed the gun the guy set on the counter and demanded the money back. Who puts the gun down?! What an IDIOT.
                    Not to mention, pausing at the scene of the crime to count the money. Take the money and run, you can count it later!
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

i'm glad you're ok and have left that place; convienence stores are below walmart for work possiblities on my list (only due to the danger). you did the right thing on not calling his bluff; that would most likely have been the time he did have a weapon and with him doing drugs/drinking, would most likely have set him off.

i'm glad you've moved on, sad that it's with a past jerk.
                      look! it's ghengis khan!
                      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
                        I'm just glad my C-store's never been robbed because I could just see the look on the robber's face if they tried that at MY counter.

I think I'd look at the bag, look at him, look at the bag, look at him, and ask, "You're kidding right?"

I've had WAY too many people do this and then be joking.
                        Indeed, I did (calmly) ask him "You're serious?" He nodded, so I handed him the money (didn't bother with the bag, which was wadded up into a ball).

Quoth Gaki View Post
                        I'm glad you're alright though, it's best not to do anything daring and I heard it happens so fast it's hard to do anything anyway. There was a report of a C-store employee at a rival C-store of mine who gave this guy money and as the guy was counting the money the employee grabbed the gun the guy set on the counter and demanded the money back. Who puts the gun down?! What an IDIOT.
                        Yeah, it was indeed quite quick; my mind kinda locked into a mode of self-preservation, and I quietly did as he demanded. This guy didn't do anything foolish (other than robbing the stores in the first place). If he'd stayed in the store to count his money, I probably would've quietly asked the lady who was behind him in line (a waitress at the restaurant next door) to go back to the restaurant and call 911, which I would've done myself had the phone lines at the store worked...

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                        i'm glad you're ok and have left that place; convienence stores are below walmart for work possiblities on my list (only due to the danger). you did the right thing on not calling his bluff; that would most likely have been the time he did have a weapon and with him doing drugs/drinking, would most likely have set him off.
                        Yeah, it gave me a good excuse to get the hell out of dodge before something worse happened. I'd run a 'robbery drill' in my head many times prior to the incident, and the actual robbery went pretty much as I'd expected. Judging by the prosecution note, he likely has at least a history of drug use, along with a rap sheet.

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                        ii'm glad you've moved on, sad that it's with a past jerk.
                        To be fair, he isn't a bad guy; just more than a bit unprofessional. He's in a far smaller office now, compared to when I worked for him before. I'm not particularly surprised that he wasn't able to keep his previous practice going, considering the fact that he almost seems to be operating from check to check. I'm going to be keeping an eye out for something better, but I suppose this will do for the time being.
                        -Adam
                        Goofy music!
                        Old tech junk!

Comment

Working...
                        X