X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deaf and color blind

Guy kept interrupting me.

Me: Hello, how can I help...
    SC: Good. [no, that is not an answer to what I was in the middle of asking you!]
    SC: Reservation!
    Me: Okay, and your na...
    SC: Sucky Customer.
    Me: I'll just need to see some ID and have you fill out this form. It was for the lower level away from the highway, correct?
    SC: What?!?! I wanted lower level away from the freeway!
    Me: Er, yes, that's where I have you.
    SC: Oh, okay.
    SC: *fills out form. Doesn't write a license plate down.*
    Me: Do you have a vehicle, sir? If so, I'll need the plate number...
    SC: It's a government vehicle! I'm not supposed to put the plate number!
    Me: Well, you can put down the make, model, and color instead.
    SC: The what?
    Me: The make, model, and color of your vehi...
    SC: Color? What? Sorry, I don't understand.
    Me: Of your car. The type of car it is, and the col...
    SC: What's the color? What? Huh? What are you saying?

I see a regular guest waiting behind SC. We both exchange glances.

Me: What type of car you have. Ford, Chevy, Honda...and the...
    SC: OH! I get it! The MAKE and the COLOR of my CAR!
    Me: Yes, sir, that will work.

The rest of the check-in goes relatively smoothly. SC keeps interrupting me throughout the process, but at least he doesn't get hung-up in a stupid-loop again. I get to the next guest.

Me: I just need your license plate number and signature here.
    Cool Guest: *evil grin* Can I just put the make, model, and color?
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Is it possible SC has a hearing problem? As much as I hate to say it, the guy sounds similar to my dad. Yeah. I hate those conversations, too.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
      Is it possible SC has a hearing problem? As much as I hate to say it, the guy sounds similar to my dad. Yeah. I hate those conversations, too.
      I'd say so . . . but then that seems to be quite common with the Interruptosaurus Rex. They can't multi-task (ie, they can't talk and listen at the same time.)

I only hope he hasn't reproduced . . .
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
        I'd say so . . . but then that seems to be quite common with the Interruptosaurus Rex. They can't multi-task (ie, they can't talk and listen at the same time.)

I only hope he hasn't reproduced . . .
        why did my brain just give me this scene.....

IR's spouse: hey hoeny do you want to....
        IR:go to a movie no
        IRS:no I wan....
        IR:a pony?
        IRS: nevermind....
        IR:..wonders why spouse seems to have lost interest....
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

And what the hell is it lately with people talking over you? I wind up having to repeat the question, sometimes two and three times, because I can't hear what they were saying while talking over me. Yes, I understand you probably know what I'm going to ask you, but it's RUDE! STOP IT!
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
            And what the hell is it lately with people talking over you? I wind up having to repeat the question, sometimes two and three times, because I can't hear what they were saying while talking over me. Yes, I understand you probably know what I'm going to ask you, but it's RUDE! STOP IT!
            Oh yes. My customers who call for support on the phone have to give me the entire life story of their computer before they tell me what the problem was, and if they pause and I think it's my turn to speak they just keep going right over me. In many of these cases I've figured out the problem halfway through this saga.

On the other hand, my email customers are more likely to send a message that says "It not working!" with no details of what program they have, what operating system, what the problem is, etc.

Comment

SC: It's a government vehicle! I'm not supposed to put the plate number!
              never heard that one before

besides it's not like the publicly visible plate contains classified information...

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                never heard that one before

besides it's not like the publicly visible plate contains classified information...
                This is our government we are talking about here. Does it really have to make sense?

Comment

Quoth Flying Grype View Post
                  Oh yes. My customers who call for support on the phone have to give me the entire life story of their computer before they tell me what the problem was, and if they pause and I think it's my turn to speak they just keep going right over me. In many of these cases I've figured out the problem halfway through this saga.

On the other hand, my email customers are more likely to send a message that says "It not working!" with no details of what program they have, what operating system, what the problem is, etc.
                  Ack! I get both of those as well...

Superbowl Sunday every caller I had started the conversation with "I'm in my 60s" or "I'm in my 70s" which wasn't a good sign either. *sigh* Those are the worst with interrupting, especially when you're dealing with ANYTHING computer related.

And the emails.... most of them put "It gives me an error" but doesn't bother to tell me what error or what page they were on or what they were doing...

*sigh*
                  "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Working...
                  X