Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customers definitely in the wrong store (3 short stories)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customers definitely in the wrong store (3 short stories)

Quick background: I work at a bookstore.

Golf Ball Lady
    EL: Elderly lady

EL: I need to get a gift for my doctor. He likes golf.
    Me: Well, we have a lot of golf books.
    EL: No, not a book. Do you have any golf things that aren’t books?
    Me: Umm…
    EL: Like golf balls! Do you sell golf balls?
    Me: Uh, no, ma’am, we don’t.
    EL: You don’t sell golf balls?
    Me: No, ma'am. Sorry.

Music DVDs

Me: *Answers phone* Thank you for calling ____. This is bookgirl. How may I help you?
    SC: Do you sell music DVDs?
    **Now while most stores in the chain do sell DVDs, the store I work at is the smallest size store and therefore doesn’t carry DVDs. However, my curiosity was piqued because she said “music dvds.”
    Me: Do you mean CDs?
    SC: No! Music DVDs.
    Me: Audiobooks?
    SC: NO! Music DVDs.
    Me: DVDs of concerts?
    SC: NO! Music DVDs.
    Me: *Giving up* I’m sorry, we don’t carry DVDs here.
    SC: *hangs up*
    Me:

Desperate for a gift
    *This one actually happened to my coworker. I just watched in amusement.*

CW: Can I help you find something?
    SC: I need to get a gift for my wife for her birthday.
    CW: Okay, what does she like to read?
    SC: She doesn’t. She hates books.
    CW: Okay, well we have a nice gift department with lots of different gift items.
    SC: I looked there.
    CW: Well, you could get her a gift card. They can be used at any [name of store] and even online. We sell DVDs and CDs as well.
    SC: No.
    CW: I’m afraid I can’t help you then.
    Me:

Gold Lady It just so happens there's this wonderful new golf club that you can actually pee in...

Music DVD's Oh, I love this little guessing game. I bet you ten-to-one you were right on about the concert DVD's, but she was too caught up in her semantics to notice. On the otherhand, I wonder if she was talking about Karaoke discs.

desperate for a gift

A rabbit?

Nope, she's allergic to those.

A guitar?

She doesn't like music.

My dignity?

Well...she hasn't had any of that since she was married to me. Can you giftwrap it?

Comment

Regarding Music DVDs: While it's probably not what she was talking about, music DVDs do actually exist; as the DVD-Audio format (also referred to as DVD-A, not to be confused with DVDA, which is NSFW).

Comment

Something NSFW that I actually have to google? Heaven forbid!
        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

I've seen Music DVD's as well ^_^ Roxio burner software can make 'em. I tried making one once just to see what would happen...many thousand songs and 2 or so hours worth of "authoring" later (note: all of it automated, as I just dragged my entire My Music folder into the queue and hit Create), I decided: NEVER AGAIN.

Isn't DVDA the band that the South Park guys started?
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            Isn't DVDA the band that the South Park guys started?
            I think so, I can't remember if it was before or after they made Orgazmo.
            If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Maybe for the second one, she was talking about music video collections on DVD? I have a collection of No Doubt videos on DVD. The other ones are weird though. "Hmm...what do I get for Sally? Well, she hates books, so I better try the bookstore first!"
              It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
              -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Music DVDs
                Actually they do exist but... it's not a really popular format.

the idea was that the DVD had more tracks available for a deeper surround sound

but since most people played music on the stereo and not the DVD player, it didn't really go anywhere.
                and of course there was no video, just audio so... prolly another reason it wasn't that popular

Comment

Working...
                X