This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously?

I have a very, very, very long list of events from today. I'll try to shave it down to the ones that stick out most. Sorry if the stories seem a bit muddled. My brain is lagging, but I don't want to forget things by waiting until tomorrow. Edits might be in order later, though.

Why did it take you so long?

It's 5. It's the dinner rush. You pay for half of your order with EBT, and realize that you've forgotten your debit card in your car. Annoying, yes, but forgivable because we're all human. It's not too bad at the moment, so we wait.

And wait...

And wait...

Until fifteen minutes has gone by and the cashier you're holding up needs to go to dinner. In the meantime, we now have lines six or seven people deep, and waiting on you is making it worse. We can't cancel the order or save it because it's partially paid for and the system won't allow it. All we can do is cash tend the order and pray you come back in.

You get bonus points for finally showing up as said cashier is getting around to paying for his dinner stuff about five minutes after that. Meaning you've been gone for twenty minutes. The bonus points come in when you proceed to bitch about the fact that we didn't wait for you and that you "were only gone for a minute!"

Fuck. You.

This guy is being rung through and I'm bagging. He then looks at me, and in one of the most condescending voices I've possibly ever heard says, "You have a stack of ice cream in that freezer that's stacked too high! I couldn't get any of them out!"

I'm rather baffled for a moment because he has a thing of the ice cream he says he couldn't pull down. He took my moment of trying to figure out what the hell he's talking about as me ignoring him and loses his shit.

"YOU'RE in charge here, right?!"
    "... Yes, sir, I am."
    "Well then shouldn't you be looking into it right now? And shouldn't you THANK me for telling you?"
    "Sir, I'm still trying to figure what it is you said. You have the ice cream right here, so you got some..."
    "Well there's still a stack in there that's stacked WAY too high! I couldn't get anything from THAT stack! Weren't you even fucking listening?"

I choose to ignore this statement and go to check on what in the name of all that is unholy he's talking about.

Ok, so there were three gallons of ice cream stacked on top of one another in the freezer. I reach up, pull one down with no trouble and sit there puzzling over how the hell he managed to not be able to get one down. Then it dawns on me. I put it back, lift the ice cream instead of just sliding it down, aaaand... Yep. Stuck now.

So he lifted it first and then didn't bother trying any other way to get the tasty frozen treat. Stupid twat.

Seriously? I mean... Seriously?

A guy in a suit comes over with an 18 pack of Budweiser. It scans through at $19.99, and he just glares at the total and says, "It's SUPPOSED to be $7.99!"

Ok, first off, $7.99 for an 18 pack of beer? Even if it's Budweiser, no. Sorry. Doesn't work that way.

So my manager goes over with him and comes back a few minutes later. I can see her desire to just smack her head off the podium a bit as the guy decides to leave the beer and look at the girl ringing him out before saying, "Normally, wearing this suit means I'm always right."

So I ask J what happened and she holds up a tag for a 6 pack of Michelob that had fallen off the shelf above the 18 pack of Bud and landed in front of aforementioned Bud. The guy seriously thought that since it was in front of the Bud, even though not attach to the shelf AT ALL, we would sell it to him for that price.

........ Seriously? Ok, let's leave aside the fact that it's not the same bottle number and look at the fact that it's not even for Budweiser! Add in the fact that we can't and won't sell alcohol for less than it rings up unless the tag is actually attached to the spot in front of the product, and is FOR that product. If the tag had said "18pk Budweiser CN" instead of "6pk Michelob Light" along with that $7.99, we would have.

There was soooo much more to my day, but those are my three biggest ones. They also all seemed to happen during the big "OMFG, IT'S GONNA F'ING SNOW!!!!!" thing Mainers seem to do the day before we get three inches or less of snow. We're in Maine... I would think they're used to it.

I haven't had much to post about recently because of a shift in my position at work to one less customer-involved.
    I have CDO. It's kinda like OCD, but the letters are where they should be!

After Tuesday, even the calendar goes W T F...

Quoth MelodiousBubbles View Post
    The bonus points come in when you proceed to bitch about the fact that we didn't wait for you and that you "were only gone for a minute!"
    <to customers in line> Okay, everyone, how long was he REALLY gone?
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      <to customers in line> Okay, everyone, how long was he REALLY gone?
      We just told her that we couldn't stop the whole store because she forgot her card. Love being able to say shit like that.
      I have CDO. It's kinda like OCD, but the letters are where they should be!

After Tuesday, even the calendar goes W T F...

Comment

Working...
      X