This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficult concept...

A little BG: We are a small outfit in a small town, offering basic dial-up internet access. Our location does not have full coverage by broadband services, so we have a fair number of customers who can only choose between dial-up (cheap) or satellite access (expensive). We require no contracts, and services are pre-paid. $9.95 a month. /BG

A customer who allowed their service to lapse back in October came in to re-up their account to active status. Since we are *nice*, we always pro-rate the month we're in so you only pay for the actual number of days left instead of the full fee. (We don't HAVE to do this, our upstream provider charges us a flat rate... we actually lose money after a certain point in the month. We make every effort to forestall SC's by doing little "above and beyond" things. )

T: tuck319
    MCC: Mathematically challenged customer

T: OK, your total is $16.00.

MCC: $16!!!! But I always pay for two months, why is it so much!!!

T: Yes.... um... two months would be $19.90. We are pro-rating this month down to $6.05, bringing your total to only $16.00 to renew today for two months.

MCC: But I always pay for two months!!!!

T: YES MA'AM, this is for TWO MONTHS. $9.95 for next month, and this month's remaining days only come to $6.05. So $16.00 instead of $19.90.

MMC: But why is it SO MUCH?!? I always pay for two months.

You can rinse and repeat a few times for your personal amusement while I go in search of some BP meds, or maybe a valium. Possibly a cookie somewhere in the dark recesses of the break room.

This exchange went on for far longer than I thought possible, and the customer left *still* complaining about the amount they were charged. People like this make me want to transition to a pre-paid non-refundable year's contract.

Criminently, Trigger.
    “All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

Quoth tuck319 View Post
    Criminently, Trigger.
    Ooo-de-lally!

(Oh and welcome! )
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

I think she was fishing for a reduction in price because she was buying 2 months at once instead of one. You know how some services are 14.99 per month, and $40 for 3 months sort of thing? Just my guess, but...

Comment

Working...
      X