Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't pick up the phone, don't pick up the phone...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't pick up the phone, don't pick up the phone...

So yesterday, while waiting for the truck to arrive, I answered an outside call for furniture because I was the only person on the floor at the time due to breaks.

Me: Furniture department, how can I help you?
    SC: I didn't want to get transferred to you! The woman who answered my call just transferred me without listening to my question!
    Me: Well, maybe I can help you anyway. What did you need?
    SC: If I buy a futon today, can I pick it up over the weekend or do I have to take it right away?
    Me: Sure, you can have it held until the weekend, just purchase it and then fill out a holding form at the service desk.
    SC: Okay, I'll be in later. Bye.

After she hung up, I went to the service desk because I wanted to know why this call was transferred to me. I think there is a rule that says all outside calls have to be transferred to a department and there are only a very few questions a customer might ask that the service desk can answer right away.

Me: Why did you transfer that call to me? The woman just about bit my head off!
    SD: Why did she do that?
    Me: She claimed she didn't want to be transferred and you didn't listen to her question. She wanted to know if she could buy a futon and have it held until the weekend.
    SD: She never asked me that! She asked me how much the futons were so I told her 'Let me give you furniture.'
    Me: Oh. Well, always nice to get bitched at first thing in the morning.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    Me: Oh. Well, always nice to get bitched at first thing in the morning.
    Takes me back to a much missed an ex-girlfriend
    "F*ck the begrudgers" - Billy Connolly

Comment

Working...
    X