This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
    Then again, I never claimed to be a master rebater.
    *Is surprised that nobody picked up on the obvious joke here *

Seriously though, I always fill out those rebate cards. Since it's money I can always put to good use, why not? Of course, if there are those fill-in-the-boxes type deals, I try to give as much useless info as possible. Seriously, is it really necessary to know my household's annual income to get money back on a hard drive? I know that the company is going to resell the info I provide, which will equal more spam and junk mail, so why not have a little fun with them
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Count me as another room-temp water drinker. Hell, I've been known to drink my Dr Pepper at room temp, too, as a preference. The only real difference is tha cold fluids are a little more shocking to the internals and can cause reactions in some people. If you aren't sensitive, however, it should be a problem.

As for rebates, the last one I dealt with was from Motorola via T-Mobile, and that one showed up in about 3 weeks.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Room temp as well, the only thing I drink cooled is beer and I only ever have ice in a G&T.

As for rebates - thank the FSM they haven't taken off in the UK, they sound a PITA
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Quoth r2cagle View Post
          The warm water is sure puzzling. Wonder if it was for drinking or cleaning up a mess??
          Perhaps it was the SC's way of getting "revenge" or whatever? Pretty pathetic if that is the case.
          New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
          New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

I suspect that the Data Protection Act (and it's equivalent European Directive) is why rebates are not common here. Either that, or something about the actual up-front price being the one that has to be advertised.

Either way, I am thankful.

Comment

Quoth Naaman View Post
              As for rebates - thank the FSM they haven't taken off in the UK, they sound a PITA
              I understand they are pretty common for mobile phones from online distributors.
              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Naaman View Post
                I've seen them once, and only once, over here. There may be areas where they've been sighted more often, but I try to live a fairly simple life where possible.

I think there's been a huge resistance to them, quite frankly. A few places may have dipped their toes into the water, but found it a bit frosty for their liking.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                X