This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.99! 1.99! 1.99!

I HATE it when anyone gets loud in my vicinity, I HATE yelling. =/ Manager S1 tends to get loud with SC's almost immediately. Then again, she's been working in retail longer than I've been alive and has a no bull attitude. But still, I flinch. >_<

Two people come up with a bag of chips, saying "$1.99! 1.99! Got in off the display there!" I go check. The ad signs are placed on the side with the cheetos and fritos, the signs says Cheetos and Fritos. I go around to the chip side. No signs.

"Only on the cheetos!" I say.

"NO NO NO NO NO! 1.99 CHIPS!" The SCs call.

S1 comes up immediately and checks to see if the main chip rack has got misplaced signs. No. All fritos and cheetos are in correct places with correct signs.

"NO NO NO NO NO! FALSE ADVERTISING! THESE CHIPS WERE ON THE RACK AND THEY ARE 1.99!"

S1 calls them over, then proceeds to pick up a sign, read it to them and say, "The signs are placed in their correct spots. This goes with this item. That goes with that item. This goes with this item. See what I'm saying?"

"NO! THESE CHIPS ARE 1.99!"

"No they're not. The signs are in the correct spots! They SAY cheetos and fritos only! That is a bag of potato chips! Not the same thing!"

Insert SCs storming out.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

I have to say, if the very first words out of their mouths are attempts to tell me a price in that manner, I would immediately start thinking 'scam!'.
    The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Probably just a couple of chip skates.
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
        chip skates.
        *blink, blink* Booo! Not dirty enough! Not vulgar!
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Indeed, I must concur. I expect better out of you, Sheldon.

And Yes, that is a challenge.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            Indeed, I must concur. I expect better out of you, Sheldon.

And Yes, that is a challenge.
            Would it help knowing I typed it naked?
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

No, that just makes me want pics.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

If anything, that gives you an advantage. Lets you type faster. Extra...*cough*finger and all...
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

unless you're typing with only 6 "fingers" ..

Comment

Working...
                  X